Chicago Gameday 38 is June 14th at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL

buzz

Adventurer
Yeah, it went really quickly. Not sure what that tells us about actual attendance though...

I find it's generally a good indicator. It's rare for people to sign up and then just not show; they typically let me know they can't make it or withdraw via the system.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I find it's generally a good indicator. It's rare for people to sign up and then just not show; they typically let me know they can't make it or withdraw via the system.

Right, I'm just wondering how much of this is us having fewer events for people to sign up for than normal. I'm curious as to how Origins will affect overall attendance.

buzz

Adventurer
Right, I'm just wondering how much of this is us having fewer events for people to sign up for than normal. I'm curious as to how Origins will affect overall attendance.

Ah, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Origins (and possibly the other cons Mark mentioned) is definitely having an effect, as I know a few regulars (who generally GM) who'll be there instead of here. And, yes, fewer games means things fill up faster.

Still, I was afraid we'd barely get anyone to attend, ergo my surprise at some events actually filling up.

Feel free to put the word out, though; still plenty of seats available.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Ah, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Origins (and possibly the other cons Mark mentioned) is definitely having an effect, as I know a few regulars (who generally GM) who'll be there instead of here. And, yes, fewer games means things fill up faster.

Still, I was afraid we'd barely get anyone to attend, ergo my surprise at some events actually filling up.

Feel free to put the word out, though; still plenty of seats available.

Alright, cool.

Teldurn

First Post
Is it too late to add a game?

I'm thinking about adding another HeroQuest game for the afternoon slot. It will most likely be a continuation from the morning game. Having the same players in both morning and evening sessions is irrelevant, but would save a smidgen of time insofar as re-explaining what few game mechanics there are. But it's fine either way.

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, we've added a new event to the afternoon slot: Myth & Magic, run by Bruce G. (who was having login issues with ENWorld, so I posted it). It's an AD&D2e retro-clone with some 3.5e polish to it.

Remove ads