[Please Move](OT) How's my Cartography?

Creamsteak

Explorer
I've been working on my cartography skills over time, and I was looking for pointers. I know "some" of my mistakes, things that I've learned over time, and I figured I'd just post the whole lot of things I've put online already. I'll attach some of my home-brew cartography if the thread lasts a decent length. I'm also looking for advice on what I can do without a bunch of expensive software, as I find that I just don't have the resources to purchase any publishing program over $60 anymore.

Maps from my Play by Post
Map for Mecha Crusade

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
On a side note, you might want to ask a mod to move this to the Art Gallery, Cartography and Miniatures Forum... :)

Anyhoo... Some of it is a bit on the fuzzy side but some is somewhat impressionistic. The colors of the map in the Mars Attacks! game are very vibrant and pleasant to see. Hard not to like that one, as it seems to set the mood of the game well. Different from my own style but Good stuff! :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Mark said:
On a side note, you might want to ask a mod to move this to the Art Gallery, Cartography and Miniatures Forum... :)

Anyhoo... Some of it is a bit on the fuzzy side but some is somewhat impressionistic. The colors of the map in the Mars Attacks! game are very vibrant and pleasant to see. Hard not to like that one, as it seems to set the mood of the game well. Different from my own style but Good stuff! :)
Dang, I posted in GD didn't I? Stupid stupid me. Maybe a mod will happen by to move it.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
creamsteak said:

Dang, I posted in GD didn't I? Stupid stupid me. Maybe a mod will happen by to move it.

Add [PLEASE MOVE] to the subject line of the first post and they will be sure to see it. You can always edit that back out later. ;)

Remove ads