Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci follows Law back out of the trailer. When he sees Law's reaction, Agnasci will cast "Third Eye" (Mind 2 + Gnosis 1)

Rubberneck

First Post
Law will drop Grim Sight so that he is not so overburdened. "Guys we are certainly not alone here. There is some sort of spirit I'm guessing, attaching itself to the trailer. If it were a ghost I'd be able to see it clearly and communicate with it, but it's not."

Shayuri

First Post
Chance peered at the trailer curiously, but of course saw nothing.

"Got any idea how long it's been here?" she asked. "Cain't see it myself, but if I know when to look, I might be able to see how it got here. Assuming it didn't just show up fer no reason."

(OOC - Basically, she can try a Postcognition spell on this location, if she can get a good idea of a time that something important happened here. :))

TillForPie

First Post
Agnasci follows Law back out of the trailer. When he sees Law's reaction, Agnasci will cast "Third Eye" (Mind 2 + Gnosis 1)
He focuses for a moment and slips the veil of mage sight over his eyes. While everyone can detect the spell being cast, as usual, Law can actually see the swirling supernal energy flowing through Agnasci thanks to his Grim Sight.[sblock=Third Eye]The resonances of the world come alive for Agnasci (for rules on scrutinizing the resonances of people, places, and things, see pg277 in the Mage: The Awakening rulebook), everything gleaming and swelling with the energy of the world. He can't see the spirit Law is talking about but he can see a vein of pulsing energy running along the skin of the earth outside. The ley line Faye mentioned?

What's more, he can detect... something in the trailer. It's very faint, but it almost seems like a residue left over from something. He's never felt this before but he's reasonably certain that someone, or something, was using... psychic powers? Mind arcanum magic? It's not an active spell or power but rather a footprint left behind by one. His own use of the mind arcanum has never left this kind of trace for his mage sight in the past.[/sblock]

Rubberneck

First Post
Law responds, "I'm not sure. I don't really have a way to communicate with it. Someone almost died in that trailer, I can sense it. I don't know what to make of the spirit. However there is a dead dog inside. Judging by the burnt candles it may have been some sort of sacrifice. It died about seven hours ago." He will wait for someone to come up with ideas. Particularly Faye. He gives her a look as he finishes his statement.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Seven hours, I ken do that!" Chance chirped amiably. "Where is it?"

When she sees the dog, Chance clucks her tongue disapprovingly. "That's gotta be some kinda sick, twisted human being that did that. Poor guy. Gimme a minute here...kinda rolls out like a movie, in real time. Not all at once."

She closes her eyes then and concentrates. They pop open, and her irises shine a strange silver hue, as if they'd been replaced with rings of liquid mercury.

(Postcognition! 3 dice pool. Peering back 6 hours and 45 minutes ago in this very bathroom. This is what my eyes see, unfettered by the shackles of time...)

TillForPie

First Post
Chance's body freezes as she enters her trance.

[sblock=Postcognition]As her eyes open in the material world they also open in a sea of white mist. She tries to look down at her hands but finds that she has none. Peering into the distance Chance can make out vague shapes moving toward her. They grow larger as they approach until they're right on top of her: A bed, a set of cabinets, a door, wheels, walls, and a ceiling. The world assembles itself around her in an instant and she finds herself back in the trailer.

Pale pink sunlight shines in through the blinds. Out the door, open now as it was in the place she just left, she can see mesquite, ocotillo, and barrel cacti. She hears barking. Across the room with his back to Chance is a short, balding man in jeans and a leather jacket. The jacket proudly declares its wearer as a member of the Dogs of War, a biker gang Chance is sure she's heard of. He's standing over the bed, looking down at something in his hands.

Clang.

An Arizona license plate has been tossed to the floor of the trailer from outside and Chance circles around to get a closer look. It's a personalized plate: IGODWT. Just as she finishes reading it a second biker appears in the doorway.

He's a huge bear of a man, with sunglasses, a stars-and-stripes do-rag, and a black beard. His face is sweaty from exertion and he smells faintly of cigarettes. "All right, Mad Dog, we done what you said."

Mad Dog makes a noncommittal sound.

The big one isn't pleased. "Damn it, what the hell you got us out here for?"

Mad Dog turns. He's in his 30s, blue eyed and handsome. He's got a knife and a wood figurine in his hands and he's whittling. "Ain't too sure, m'self." He makes his way across the trailer, passing through Chance as he goes. "Bring the dog in here." He sets the figurine down on the counter before going into the bathroom. Chance gets a look at it before she wakes up back in the present: It's her, in the clothes she's wearing tonight.[/sblock]

Mosier

First Post
While Chance is working her magic, Agnasci addresses Harper.

"I can't learn anything about this thing. Is there any Spirit magic that will help us examine it? Maybe force it to reveal itself."

Shayuri

First Post
"It's me!" Chance blurts abruptly. Her eyes flicker and return to normal as her vision ends, and she looks around. "Bikers! Oh, right. I'm here."

She blinks and goes to look at the counter where the figurine had been, then looks at the others.

"Everyone out. He knew we'd be here. It might be a trap."

And with that, Chance is hurrying out the door!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper shakes his head at Agnasci's question. He takes a few steps closer to the trailer.

"I can't force it to reveal itself but, well, let me see."

Harper imagines his senses extending to the Twilight and bends reality to his will. He turns his attention to the trailer and whatever entity has attached itself to the vehicle.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Harper casts Spirit Tongue (p. 246). Dice = 3 (Gnosis 1, Spirit 2)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases