Facebook would like to get bit creepy with you

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
book review on George orwell: 1984/2014

This is a definitive text manual on a good and proper method of controlling the general public. Those misguided, malcontent miscreants, the general public, can now finally be properly survailed and controlled.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well, thankfully, I don't own a cell phone, thus never access Facebook with cell phones. I use a PC for all my online activity, and I don't have a microphone built-in or connected to it in anyway. Facebook is free to "want to listen" but from me its an impossibility for them to even try. I only use Facebook to post maps and map objects, like I do here - maps don't play music or provide a medium that can be listened to...

Dioltach

Legend
"Bob has had beans for dinner the past three nights, Cathy's cat wants food but is being ignored, and mike snores like a bulldozer."

I reckon most people's lives aren't really that interesting that we need to share even more.

garethjax

First Post
Well, thankfully, I don't own a cell phone, thus never access Facebook with cell phones. I use a PC for all my online activity, and I don't have a microphone built-in or connected to it in anyway. Facebook is free to "want to listen" but from me its an impossibility for them to even try. I only use Facebook to post maps and map objects, like I do here - maps don't play music or provide a medium that can be listened to...

But your friends probably own a smart phone...

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
But your friends probably own a smart phone...

Certainly, in fact aside from myself, I don't know anyone who doesn't have a smart phone. My parents, my sister, her kids, all my friends have one.

As an aside when running games, electronics such as IPADs, laptops, smart phones are banned from our gaming area - players put their phones and stuff on a table, shut off, in the next room, outside the gaming room where we play. We are old school in that we use books, paper, pencil and dice for our games, even printing out PDF material is we need that for in game use. So at least when we play, nobody has a smart phone, in earshot. So Facebook would further be excluded from listening in on that.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases