Enterprise "Top 10 Episodes" Poll

Enterprise "Top 10 Episodes" Poll

• Broken Bow Part 1 (Series Premiere) - Humans in extended interstellar space exploration? Vulcans say

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Broken Bow Part 2 (Yr 1, Ep 2) - Goes further to setting up the series arc with the Suliban and the

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Fight or Flight (Yr 1, Ep 3) - Crew finds the "Ghost Ship" with 15 corpses and investigates.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Strange New World (Yr 1, Ep 4) - Hallucinations from an alien pollen infect the crew on an away miss

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Unexpected (Yr 1, Ep 5) - Chirf Engineer gets pregnant. (Klingon: "I can see my house from here!")

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Tera Nova (Yr 1, Ep 6) - Old Earth colony (thought destroyed) is still inhabited. (LeVar Burton dir

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The Andorian Incident (Yr 1, Ep 7) - Vulcan sanctuary/spy-station uncovered by the Humans. (Roxann D

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Breaking the Ice (Yr 1, Ep 8) - T'Pol sends secret messages while Mayweather and Reed get stuck on a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Civilization (Yr 1, Ep 9) - Crew saves a less advanced civilization from radiation poisoning from a

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Fortunate Son (Yr 1, Ep 10) - Nausicaan Pirates attack a cargo freighter which then goes on a vengea

• Cold Front (Yr 1, Ep 11) - Sharing the viewing of a stellar event with alien pilgrims, a Suliban spy

• Silent Enemy (Yr 1, Ep 12) - Crew rushes to get phase canons upgraded as aliens attack on Reed's B-D

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Dear Doctor (Yr 1, Ep 13) - Two races inhabiting a planet, one on decline, one emerging. Ethics que

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Sleeping Dogs (Yr 1, Ep 14) - Crew rescues Klingon vessel from steadily declining orbit into gas gia

• Shadows of P'Jem (Yr 1, Ep 15) - Andorians return to rescue T'Pol and Archer from kidnappers even as

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Shuttlepod One (Yr 1, Ep 16) - Accident disables shuttle leaving Reed and Tucker to become drunk, th

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Fusion (Yr 1, Ep 17) - T'Pol is "mentally violated" by a roving splinter group of Vulcan New Agers.

• Rogue Planet (Yr 1, Ep 18) - Archer joins an alien hunting party on a supposed planet/hunting preser

• Acquisition (Yr 1, Ep 19) - Ferrengi, though never identified, attempt to loot the Enterprise. (Etha

• Oasis (Yr 1, Ep 20) - Crew begins assisting alien and daughter stranded on planet but discover more

• Detained (Yr 1, Ep 21) - Tandarans hold Archer and Mayweather in a Suliban detention camp. (Dean Sto

• Vox Sola (Yr 1, Ep 22) - Symbiotic alien "grows" on Enterprise and feeds on crew. (Roxann Dawson dir

• Fallen Hero (Yr 1, Ep 23) - Vulcan Ambassador expelled from a planet and rescued by crew from politi

• Desert Crossing (Yr 1, Ep 24) - Alien terrorists, having heard that Archer is a great hero, attempt

• Two Days and Two Nights (Yr 1, Ep 25) - On Risa, Mayweather has a fall, Reed and Trip are mugged, an

• Shockwave Part 1 (Yr 1, Ep 26 "cliffhanger") - Time traveler (supposed former crew-member) Daniels s

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Shockwave Part 2 (Yr 2, Ep 1 [27]) - Archer helps Daniels fix the future while Suliban take Enterpri

• Carbon Creek (Yr 2, Ep 2 [28]) - While having dinner with Archer and Trip, T'Pol spins a yarn about

• Minefield (Yr 2, Ep 3 [29]) - Reed legs it out on a space walk to remove a Romulan mine from the hul

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Dead Stop (Yr 2, Ep 4 [30]) - Automated space station repairs Enterprise and secretly takes Mayweath

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • A Night in Sickbay (Yr 2, Ep 5 [31]) - Archer's pet infected by virus, even as Archer struggles with

• Marauders (Yr 2, Ep 6 [32]) - Crew helps overthrow Klingon oppressors of a deuterium mining colony.

• The Seventh (Yr 2, Ep 7 [33]) - T'Pol has odd flashbacks while on a Vulcan mission aprehending a fug

• The Communicator (Yr 2, Ep 8 [34]) - Reed bungles, leaving his equipment on a pre-warp planet. He an

• Singularity (Yr 2, Ep 9 [35]) - The crew succumbs to strange effects while surveying a black hole.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vanishing Point (Yr 2, Ep 10 [36]) - Hoshi goes through transporter psychosis and "scrambles" to be

• Precious Cargo (Yr 2, Ep 11 [37]) - Trip accidently rescues a sleeping beauty from a stasis pod and

• The Catwalk (Yr 2, Ep 12 [38]) - The maintenance shafts of the Enterprise become refuge for the crew

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Well, I for one am itching for some new episodes, and we'll see one next week, but let's take a look back at the series so far, eh? :D

You can vote for as many as you like, but please just choose your top ten and we'll see which come out as the top ten overall. Perhaps the first few people could vote without posting and I'll wait to vote a little further along to avoid contaminating the results in any way. ;)

John Crichton

First Post
My favorite so far was Shockwave Part 1. Followed closely by Shadows of P'Jem and Silent Enemy. The premiere was quite good (Broken Bow 1&2) as well.

Others I enjoyed:

Cold Front
Dear Doctor
Shuttlepod One
Fallen Hero
Dead Stop

:cool:

Mark

There appear to be some serious front runners and a few that no one cared for at all. :eek: :D

Let's try to keep this up top side until the regular episodes begin again next week, then I'll ask that it be archived so we'll have a handy mini-Enterprise-episode guide here at EN World. Maybe we'll even replace it with a new poll at the end of this whole season (raking the whole first two seasons into account.) I'm hoping that some lurkers will join the voting along with those who regularly post to our Enterprise threads. :)

DanMcS

Explorer
I really have enjoyed the ones where they refer back to trek lore of old. The Romulan one, in particular, where they won't transmit what they look like and just order them to leave, and several of the ones with Klingons. And I have to say that Broken Bow was just an amazing opener; when the farmer walked out with a shotgun to yell at the alien, it was great. First contact ahoy.

It's interesting the ones which no one seems to have liked, too. I would have guessed few liked the black hole radiation one, it was goofy, but I guess some of the older ones just weren't memorable enough to get voted for.

Mark

Looks like a few people voted for an odd number episodes instead of their top ten overall. Hopefully a few more folks will chime in before next Wednesday and we can archive this for posterity. :)

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
Mark said:
Well, I for one am itching for some new episodes, and we'll see one next week, but let's take a look back at the series so far, eh? :D

You can vote for as many as you like, but please just choose your top ten and we'll see which come out as the top ten overall. Perhaps the first few people could vote without posting and I'll wait to vote a little further along to avoid contaminating the results in any way. ;)

Here's my picks. Some of my choices are a bit weak so I could choose a complete 10. There really aren't 10 episodes I like more than the others to really stick out, and it was a little difficult to pick ones to make a complete 10.

"Broken Bow I&II"

Well it was the first episode (technically first two, but I saw them aired together as a single two-hour episode), and had some good moments. For some reason, I found Archer mouthing off to the Vulcans to be refreshing.

"The Andorian Incident"

It was good to see the Andorians return after a very long absence from the Star Trek universe. I also liked how they set up the fact that the Vulcans and Andorians are enemies, but there seems to be potential for good relations between humans and Andorians which will make things interesting in the future.

"Civilization"

I simply liked this episode. Although Archer doesn't want to do things the "Vulcan way", we see that he can take advice from T'Pol (i.e. avoiding "cultural contamination") when he sees there's sound reasoning behind it.

"Shadows of P'Jem"

Continues the Andorian storyline started in "The Andorian Incident".

"Fusion"

Well, except for the mind rapist, I liked these Vulcans, especially the fat guy. He was the first likeable Vulcan ever in the Star Trek universe (not counting Spock, who's only half-Vulcan anyway).

"Fallen Hero"

This was a good episode that deals with Archer's feeling towards the Vulcans. Lots of good character development here.

"Two Days and Two Nights"

This one gets my vote simply because Trip and Malcolm try to pick up alien women and fail miserably. This episode has one of my favorite exchanges of dialogue:

Trip: "Gorgeous aliens. They were gorgeous!
Malcolm: "They were male!"
Trip: "Not at first!"

"Precious Cargo"

Sure this was a massively recycled Trek plot, but had some fun moments.

"The Catwalk"
I like this one because the alien invasion caught me by surprise. It's been a while since any Trek episode has done that.

For the most part, the other episodes were average Trek fare that doesn't really stand out in my mind, or disappointing (i.e. "The Minefield which didn't focus enough on the Romulans for my taste, and which I suspect was probably little more than a plug for Nemesis). Then some episodes were completely lame. The worst offender in the lame category was "Unexpected". I just think male pregnancy plots are just inanely absurd. Of course there's the question of just how a mammilian species can reproduce with a reptilian one. And I just can't see any Klingon saying "I can see my house from here!"

FWIW, I've never seen "Desert Crossing", so I have no idea if that episode is good or bad.

Orius

Legend
John Crichton said:
My favorite so far was Shockwave Part 1. Followed closely by Shadows of P'Jem and Silent Enemy. The premiere was quite good (Broken Bow 1&2) as well.

Others I enjoyed:

Cold Front
Dear Doctor
Shuttlepod One
Fallen Hero
Dead Stop

:cool:

"Shockwave" didn't get my vote. Not a bad episode, but I've always found Trek cliffhangers to be disappointing.

I also submitted "Shadows of P'Jem".

"Silent Enemy" was good, and was a contender for one of my votes (I was sort of in a hurry to pick 10). Not a fav, but a good one.

Voted for "Broken Bow".

"Cold Front" was also one I might have voted for. Another good episode.

I didn't like "Dear Doctor". It was good in some ways, but I didn't like the episode overall.

I didn't like "Shuttlepod One" very much either.

"Fallen Hero" also got my vote.

"Dead Stop" was average. I didn't see it as much more than the standard body-snatcher sci-fi plot.

Remove ads