News just in: d22, d18, d14, d7 and d5 required to play 5E (D&D Next)!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Interesting. I see the font as black but the background as white. Seems to be a technical gremlin. I think it may depend on which 'skin' you've chosen in the settings.

If you don't stipulate a font color, the site chooses based on the background you're using. If you do stipulate a color, it uses that color.

So, somewhere along the line, the color for your text got set to black - this can happen, for example, if you cut and paste from a word processor, or otherwise force the font to be something other than the default. Then, it shows up in black on a the black forum skin, and the statement is invisible.

If you go to edit the post, and turn *off* the WYSIWYG editor, you'll see the [color] tags around your text. The editor has a button to remove formatting (top row, second button from the left) if you'd like to fix it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just a quick FYI, last year I created a thread about the font/skin issue so folks could refer people to it rather than having the usual "black on black", "what do you mean, it looks fine to me?", "some people use a different skin", "but I didn't choose a font colour", "look, here's a screenshot of what I see", "oh, weird, dunno how that happened", "you can fix it by removing formatting from your post", "how do I do that?", "either paste it Notepad or use the icon in the post editor", "OK, how about now?", "yes, that did it... err, what was this thread about again?" conversation.

Dark Text on a Dark Background Tutorial: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?348563-Dark-Text-on-a-Dark-Background-Tutorial

Black on black text is super easy to read, all you have to do is highlight the text. And im a little disappointed these dice arent required to play 5e, i love weird sided dice, ive got a fair amount myself, dont find myself using them too often though.

Remove ads