More questions on Magic - May 30th game

Sniperfox47

First Post
Yes. It should be the default choice for a ranged combatant, with other actions happening as and when needed. It forces folks to hide behind cover and work out how to get from one point to another. It's even better in N.E.W. with automatic weapons and suppressive/covering fire etc. Changes the dynamic drastically from what you're used to with D&D or Pathfinder in a way that I find very pleasing.

Then it would be a different thing. It covers an area; it's not covering a specific target. Think how the recent X Com video game handled it (ish - it's not exactly the same).

Not that I disagree with the idea of overwatch, or even the idea of targeting multiple targets (I like both of those aspects) but the number of targets should also be limited by the current rounds in the magazine, in addition to the current restrictions.

A musket for example should not be able to hit 3 or 4 different targets in a single overwatch.
A bolt action? Maybe... If you're well trained, then yeah.
A bow or a semi-auto rifle? Definitely (assuming you have some level of training with them :p)

While that may be the current intent, it doesn't explicitly state it anywhere, and a lot of people try to pull the "well it doesn't say I can't!" To which the DM has to reply with a resounding "I say you can't!" xP

Remove ads