Ink-less metal pen

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Real science answer? No.

Very broadly, and leaving out several details, the laws of thermodynamics are:
*-entropic editing-*
I understand now. Thank you.

So, since Sol is neither a closed system, a perfect crystal nor absolute 0, then it is under entropy and I would guess the nuclear plasma furnace will eventually produce less output, And Terra so 3 will then cool down. Or something like that.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Cuz eventually your hipster clique will determine that ice bars are gauche so you'll be compelled to go. The wet table surfaces mean you'll need a pen like this to put your number to soggy napkin if you ever want to score again.
And I would write stuf on paper because it is ironic?

MarkB

Legend
I understand now. Thank you.

So, since Sol is neither a closed system, a perfect crystal nor absolute 0, then it is under entropy and I would guess the nuclear plasma furnace will eventually produce less output, And Terra so 3 will then cool down. Or something like that.

Actually, as I recall, Sol will get warmer as it nears the end of its main lifecycle - and then, once its primary fuel source is depleted, it will expand to a volume roughly the size of Mars's orbit, becoming a Red Giant. So, as far as planet Earth is concerned, the long-term 10-billion-year forecast is a little on the warm side.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
What, are you suggesting that we all get saved by Lord Cthulhu? yeah, right. He is out i the Andromeda system eating the brains of the Andromodites.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So, Global warming is the natural evolutionary result for Terra?

Well, the increase in the Sun's output that he's talking about happens on the billion year timescale. Human civilization has not existed for long enough to have noticed it. It isn't the cause of what you're seeing in today's media.

As for the sun expanding at the end of its life - exactly how far it will expand is a matter of a bit of debate. It may or may not swallow the Earth. It'll pretty certainly boil off the oceans and atmosphere, though. Even farther out, the Sun will shrink back down again, and become a tiny, cool thing. If it didn't swallow the Earth earlier, the Earth will then chill down to a cold cinder.

Eventually, the Earth will become uninhabitable, one way or another. Nothing lasts forever. Not planets, not stars.

Remove ads