I watched the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that depends on how you define intelligence, how toy want to measure intelligence, and what aspect of intelligence you want to measure. In any case, 'stupid' may have been the wrong word. What I should have said is that the site you linked process that there area lot of people in the world with really terrible taste. Good fellas was a fairly good movie. The Godfather was a terrible movie. Really terrible with really terrible actors, and a really bad story.

Obviously you didn't enjoy it, and that is your right, but the overwhelming reaction to the movie is opposite to yours. Proclaiming something a bad film, proclaiming the actors terrible, proclaiming the story bad, doesn't make any of that so. Not only do critics love the film but so do regular viewers.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
They both suck. I haven't watched the entire Scarface movie, and after watching this horrible waste of a movie, I'm not going to even consider watching that. Someone needs to punch Pacino in the face for all the horrible movies he has made.
Sucktastique!

[video=youtube;RGR4SFOimlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk[/video]

Obviously you didn't enjoy it, and that is your right, but the overwhelming reaction to the movie is opposite to yours.
Yes, we already discussed how there are a lot of people who have terrible taste.
Proclaiming something a bad film, proclaiming the actors terrible, proclaiming the story bad, doesn't make any of that so.
Neither does proclaiming a movie is good make it so.
Not only do critics love the film but so do regular viewers.
They are entitled to their erroneous opinions.

Yes, we already discussed how there are a lot of people who have terrible taste.
Neither does proclaiming a movie is good make it so.

well i would say a 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is a STRONG indication it is a good film. It is the generally accepted wisdom at this point, so really it is on you to prove otherwise.

They are entitled to their erroneous opinions.

You sound pretty childish.

well i would say a 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is a STRONG indication it is a good film. It is the generally accepted wisdom at this point, so really it is on you to prove otherwise.
And there was a time when a lot of people thought the world was flat.

As for it being on me to prove my point? I see no need. I've said the movie sucks. It does. Now, if you feel the need to defend the honor of a terribly overrated movie, well, you're welcome to it.

You sound pretty childish.
Sound? Pffftt... I'm totally childish; however, that doesn't make me wrong, so let's try to keep on topic, aight G?

And there was a time when a lot of people thought the world was flat.

As for it being on me to prove my point? I see no need. I've said the movie sucks. It does. Now, if you feel the need to defend the honor of a terribly overrated movie, well, you're welcome to it.

No you believe the movie sucks, you have provided no objective analysis on why it actually sucks. I totally accept that you don't like it. But to go from that to the conclusion that it is objectively bad doesnt make a whole lot of sense. To then go further and say people who like it must therefore be idiots also makes no sense.

No you believe the movie sucks, you have provided no objective analysis on why it actually sucks. I totally accept that you don't like it. But to go from that to the conclusion that it is objectively bad doesnt make a whole lot of sense. To then go further and say people who like it must therefore be idiots also makes no sense.
Does it have to make sense for it to be true? The movie can suck, even if you don't understand why it sucks.

Does it have to make sense for it to be true? The movie can suck, even if you don't understand why it sucks.

like anything else you have to prove your case. We are talking about a film, so unlike the earth being riund, which is a scientific fact, this is an aesthetic issue so the consensus of viewers and critics is a factor that needs to be considered. You have made several claims and pronouncements, but haven't supported any of them. I like the movie because i think it is well shot, well acted (despite what you state), was groundbreaking for the genre at the time, makes excellent use of music and because I find the characters very compelling. I also think the movie has a lot of mythic resonance. It has a 100% fresh rating, is beloved by critics, has hugely influenced films that followed (even outside its genre) and is one of the most well known movies of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads