Critter Bits and Magic Recipes!

Feathercircle

First Post
On the other hand, most Dragon Magazine stuff is unlikely to see reprint, which is why we've got the go-ahead for it. Kinda.

Edit: richards, i can take post-3e stuff from Dragon, but i don't think i'll be able to use anything from books that are still in print.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Bloodsparrow said:
I think the idea is that 3/3.5e stuff is easy to get, so it doesn't really need to be collected together. (At least, for now.)

That and the fact that WotC is currently making money off of that material, as opposed to all of the earlyer stuff.

there is truth in what you say. ;)

however, i was thinking, maybe it would also be good to list some 3.0 & 3.5 references, just so that i can see what they've done so i know where to pick up when i finally get around to doing what i wanted to do with this thread...

Feathercircle

First Post
From Dragon 309, the spell plague cloud uses dried otyugh blood as a material component.

I'd prefer not to retype whole spells from 3rd edition sources, even if they are Dragon, because of potential legality issues with that, but if you want the full text of something 2nd Edition that didn't get updated, I think that would be okay, right?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
for 3E, a list should do. if i need to have something looked up, i can have it e-mailed or whatever.

Feathercircle

First Post
Dragon 299 has a magical doll, appropriately named "the Siren", which included in its creation hair willingly given by a living siren...

Dragon 305 has a nasty addictive drug called white resin which is made with herbs and yuan-ti venom...

And as I have a campaign to DM in half an hour, that's going to be it.

Feathercircle

First Post
BOZ said:
heh, i almost didn't "recognize" you with the new avatar. :D good work!

Well, I'm joining the Planewalker forums sometime soon with an aasimar persona, so I thought it was fitting. Even if it means I have to bid a tearful farewell to my beloved auratog at WotC. ::sniffle::

Meanwhile, I found a few in Dungeon 100, though it's hard to tell what's actually necessary for the magic and what's just Vlaakith's morbid taste in interior decorating.

Cerebral grist is pretty unambigious- it's a fungal trap/alchemical substance made with ungents and dried intellect devourer brains, and slaad cloaks obviously can't be made from anything else, and maybe the throne of bones needs to be made of illithid skin and skulls to function.... but are scroll tubes of githzerai bones, potions ofinflict moderate wounds stored in githzerai hearts, illithid brains which work like mindfire grenades, and a chest made of gold dragon hide REALLY the only way things could have been done, or is this just Vlaakith having typical lichly taste?

There's also some stuff about dragon bits, but it's identified as being reprinted from the Draconomicon, so I won't mention it here.

The Gryphon

First Post
BOZ said:
there is truth in what you say. ;)

however, i was thinking, maybe it would also be good to list some 3.0 & 3.5 references, just so that i can see what they've done so i know where to pick up when i finally get around to doing what i wanted to do with this thread...
You might want to have a look at Dragon #317 pages 44-49, as there is an article on just this subject :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases