Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Those of you who beat or tied a 16 can go ahead and act.

Lia feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she gets the distinct feeling she is being watched, though she isn't sure just how or where the watcher is...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

'Keva sees his ally in mortal danger, and all unawares. Without thought he stands straight and draws bow to cheek. He focuses his Ki, granting just a bit of speed to his arm, and methodically draws and fires off four arrows - each leaves his bow before the previous is even halfway to the mark.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Ki Flurry at the demon sneaking up on Lia. The text below is edited only for clarity - the original rolls are here.

Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 01 (17) (This is a 21 with the Mythic Surge Roll below)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 02 (13)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 03 (30) (Possible Crit)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 03 (Crit Confirmation) (15) (This is a 17 w/ the Mythic Surge Roll below)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 04 (Using Perfect Strike) (14)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 04 (Perfect Strike Roll) (23)

And I'll roll damage for all attacks, leaving it to Scotley to sort out which ones to apply...

Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 01 (15) + Bane Damage (6)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 02 (15) + Bane Damage (8)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 03 (20) + Bane Damage (7)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 03 (34) + Bane Damage (8) (For the Possible Crit)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 01 (18) + Bane Damage (2)

SO, a fair chance of 68 damage, and maybe 110 if he confirmed the Crit.

I'm gonna go ahead and use a Mythic Surge on Roll 01 and on the Crit Confirm Roll. If only one is allowed per round, use the one for the Crit Confirm.

Mythic Surge Attack 01 (4)
Mythic Surge Crit Confirm (2)[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lia continued her strategy, watching over the massive battle field, unaware there was a demon lurking. After a few well placed spells at the beginning of the battle, she conserved her magic, waiting for the right moment to unleash fire and energy. She watched intently for large groups of demons together, or companions in imminent danger.

OOC: Essentially, without having more specific round by round combat, Lia can't just be hurling massive spells left and right, she'd be out way too soon. So I think her normal strategy would be large scale fireball attacks to start when she can target as many enemies as possible, before switching to waiting and holding actions until the time was right - either to save a party member or to really get large groups of demons together - or a very specific, obvious enemy leader. So right now I think she's probably just intently watching the field for those things. She could be tossing a spell, I'll leave that to you since this has been more general combat actions until now.

It's a little difficult to make that judgement call - this mass combat thing is hard to wrap my head around. A fighter who can do the same action round after round has it easier I think,
to just say "I'm fighting with my sword" whereas any magic user has to conserve magic to some degree. Does that make sense?

Scotley

Hero
The demon manages to ignore its pain from the two of 'Keva's arrows which strike it, and it comes up behind Lia for what should have been a fatal blow, but at the last instant (natural one!) a wall of a nearby burning building crashes down causing Lia to sidestep from the sound and heat. This movement neatly allows her to avoid the overhand slice of the demons scimitar. Lia whirls and her eyes lock on those of the darkly handsome demon and she feels her heart race and her limbs go languid, from fear or passion she can't be sure, but then her companions are joining the fray and the spell is broken and she feels herself return to more or less normal.

OOC: All may act! The demon is AC18

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Alright, that didn't seem to hurt it too much... Let's try again. Once more, the old Dwarf puts his bow to work. Five more arrows streak through the air 'tween him and his foe, and three strike the mark this time.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Another Ranged Flurry at the Big Bad Demon trying to seduce poor Lia!

Total Damage: 71

Original Rolls

Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 01 (22)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 02 (25)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 03 (25)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 04 (Using Perfect Strike) (13)
Ranged Flurry Attack Roll 04 (Perfect Strike Roll (11)

Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 01 (17) + Bane Damage (10)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 02 (13) + Bane Damage (5)
Ranged Flurry Damage Roll 03 (14) + Bane Damage (12)
[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel rushes in, her chains whickering around her in dizzying circles as she goes! Rune-encrusted black iron links, festooned with barbs and hooks, snap out like a grim, metallic whip to rake across the demon's midsection and coil around it, pinning its arms!

(Power attacking! Thorn is +4 to hit and damage with fiends; with power attack that's -2 to hit and +4 damage. Total modifiers: +2 to hit, +8 damage! Spiked chain is a +1 cold iron weapon. Only one attack cuz she's moving. Going to use one use of Tangling Attack as a free action. If this attack hits, the demon is Entangled for 1 round. AC is 22, HP is 66)

[roll0] atk, for [roll1] damage.

Shayuri

First Post
(bah! Not sure if I can use a mythic surge after a roll, but if I can, here it is: [roll0])

LOL...the dice have said I shall be a loser this day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases