Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Using the chain, how close is Thorn to the demon? Like, can I cast a fireball behind him and not get Thorn? :D

Shayuri

First Post
(chain has 10' reach, so if you throw the fireball off-center of him, it should work; bearing in mind that he'll have resistance to the damage :( Not much way around that though! We need to get you some cheesy 3rd Ed spells like Force Orb :))

Queenie

Queen of Everything
(chain has 10' reach, so if you throw the fireball off-center of him, it should work; bearing in mind that he'll have resistance to the damage :( Not much way around that though! We need to get you some cheesy 3rd Ed spells like Force Orb :))

Against demons, the spells can be an issue I know. I do have Spell Penetration and Spell Focus:Evocation. It's the best I can do lol.

I assumed throwing it behind him would work but wanted to double check Thorn wasn't in actual hand to hand scuffling.

I'll get the post up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Time seemed to slow as Lia was almost beheaded, a wall collapsed saving her, then her companions engaged the demon trying to kill her. She shook off the temporary confusion then calculated carefully where to place her spell, avoiding hitting Thorn who was deep in battle with the creature.

Lia carefully aimed her spell to avoid Thorn, but catch the demon in the blast. A pinpoint of fire sprang to life from her finger tips. It raced away growing larger as it went, until it exploded with a deafening roar. The conflagration was hotter and more intense than normal as Lia summoned forth every ounce of power from herself.

OOC:
Mythic Fireball: 6D10 = [9, 7, 6, 8, 8, 5] = 43

Any creature that fails its Reflex saving throw catches on fire, taking 2d6 points of fire damage each round until the fire is extinguished.

Attempts to extinguish this fire use the spell’s save DC.

Scotley

Hero
Three more arrows sink into the demon and he is starting to take notice. He grins wickedly at Thorn as the chain just misses. "I can show you how to use that thing properly my dear", he says with a leer just oozing unnatural charm and she feels a flutter as he his handsome visage is turned on her. Then he is engulfed in flames. His intense focus on Thorn is perhaps his downfall. He is caught out completely and goes up in flames. With a terrible unearthly screech he is consumed. The sound has an immediate effect on the whole battle. The remaining Dretches, never known for their bravery, abandon the fight and the Paladins quickly mop up the rest of the enemy forces.

OOC: The dice were even less kind to the Incubus than to Thorn! Combat ends.

Shayuri

First Post
"Funny. Seems like it's working fine to me," Thorn retorts to the pile of brimstone ash on the ground.

She nods at Lia. "That was a hell of a spell. No pun intended."

Scotley

Hero
The paladins begin to clear the buildings and set a perimeter and the remaining demons have all fled and the other foes have either fled or been finished off. There are a lot of wounded, but not all that many paladins died. Still the losses are enough to prevent much in the way of celebration among the men. Soon aid is being rendered to those who need it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases