OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Leif- yay! Happy to hear she is home. Now she can actually start getting better. I hate the hospital and have spent way too much time there, myself and my daughter.

Dewar - yes, her scar is similar. It's flatter, since she was a baby and still growing it's stretched out. Unfortunately she has scars all over her, from the trach, she had a feeding tube (the scar there basically looks like a second belly button), she had IVs and tubes in every appendage so scars all over from that especially her hands and feet. She has a really bad scar on her upper thigh from where they tried to put in a PICC line (which pissed me off because it only lasted one day so they had to put another one in her upper chest area anyway) and she's had three surgeries on her right hand so there's a lot of scarring there. She has a small heart shaped patch on her head where hair doesn't grow from an IV they put there, but you can't really notice it too much.

She's just at the age now where she questions it and feels sorry for herself. The kids have been asking for a year or two why she has these different scars and she tells them honestly but what 8 year old knows what a trach is, you know? So they get confused and she gets frustrated. But most people have no idea looking at her what she's been through and I am happy for that.

I always tell her, without the scars she wouldn't be here so we should be grateful for them. Plus now that I had my spine surgery I have a scar on my throat too... So I told her we look alike. She likes that idea :) I figure one day she may want plastic surgery to make some of these things look better and I will support her if she does. I'll try to post a picture later if J gets my computer up and running.

Leif

Adventurer
I also have a trach scar, but mine is from 1993, so it has faded considerably. But, honestly, DeWar, mine was never as gross-looking as yours is. Well, it wasn't to me, anyway.

Thanks, Queenie, and you're right, SD, pizza cures a multitude of woes!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Queeney, I wish she could see all the scars on my belly. Maybe she would feel less traumatized. After all, she has two belly buttons, I have none. {and you can tell her that!]

I have seen a foto of me when I was in the coma where I had tubes coming out of every part of my body. A relative took it, without the hospital personnel knowing. I was an awful sight. All my friends have said so, heck, even the docs said so!

She is not alone. Tell her hugs from me will you?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I will tell her DeWar, thank you! I do think it's important for her to feel not alone.

Believe me, the memory is burned in my mind, of her little body covered in those tubes. At one point, she somehow contracted late onset group b strep ( don't even get me started on the mortality rate for that) and they had to put her in a coma on a special vent (which you guys may know of, an oscillating ventilator) so she wouldn't spend one ounce of energy on anything but healing.

We actually got THAT call every parent, probably every person dreads. The "there is nothing else we can do and you need to get down here and say goodbye" call. Then I had to call all my family and say the same thing. So I hear you. It's so very scary.

That said, I thank God and the Universe every single day she is doing well now. She has her difficulties but she is here, she is happy and she is my greatest wish come true. So I'm happy too :)

Scott DeWar

My brother claims he has cried only twice from teenage and older. When our grandmother died, and when he saw me in the hospital during the coma.

So many times he would go in and ask how I was doing. All they could do is shrug their shoulders. Finally after operation number 8, the last statement was: it is up to him, now.

I was taken off the ventilator early on in my wake time and don't quite recall what it was called. I do remember the main problem they had with me was not so much of inhaling the o2, but rather exhaling the co2. My ph dropped toward acidic.

Its too bad she can't see me with the 'big boo boo', that was mainly a skin graft about 1 foot in diameter. Ny niece gave it the name. She saw it and was amazed at 'unkla dabidi's big boo boo'

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, two things: The first is that my crash was so long ago, 1993, that I don't want to share my 'war stories' with you guys, because I've moved past that now and I'm too busy making the most of the life I've been given again. And, Queenie, 'the Universe' had nothing to do with it, but God had everything to do with it. As Larry the Cable Guy might say, "I don't care who you are, nobody can go through what we've been through and still be an atheist/agnostic."

And the second thing (on a much lighter note) ==

mleibrock, it's always bugged me a little that I could never figure out who it is that you remind me of. Well, I got it tonight: STEVE MCQUEEN! So I can sleep peacefully tonight having laid that to rest.

mleibrock

First Post
Well now, I feel flattered! Most folks say I resemble Daniel Craig which is very cool but the iconic man's man, Steve McQueen too? That is a real compliment!!

Now to answer that question of yours...yes you may have the +25 longsword. :)

Yeah, two things: The first is that my crash was so long ago, 1993, that I don't want to share my 'war stories' with you guys, because I've moved past that now and I'm too busy making the most of the life I've been given again. And, Queenie, 'the Universe' had nothing to do with it, but God had everything to do with it. As Larry the Cable Guy might say, "I don't care who you are, nobody can go through what we've been through and still be an atheist/agnostic."

And the second thing (on a much lighter note) ==

mleibrock, it's always bugged me a little that I could never figure out who it is that you remind me of. Well, I got it tonight: STEVE MCQUEEN! So I can sleep peacefully tonight having laid that to rest.

Leif

Adventurer
Well now, I feel flattered! Most folks say I resemble Daniel Craig which is very cool but the iconic man's man, Steve McQueen too? That is a real compliment!!

Now to answer that question of yours...yes you may have the +25 longsword. :)
Daniel Craig?? Heck he looks like a sick kangaroo compared to you. Ok, now I am laying it on a little thick, I guess, but everything prior to this post has been straight from the heart.

Un-fair!!
Yes, the expected "sour-grapes effect" *sigh*. That DeWar, can't live with him, can't shoot him. (Or if you do he just won't f#####g die!) ;- )

Now, just to be sure I'm on the correct page: That was a Silvered, Cold Iron +25 Longsword, Dragonsbane, Evil Smiting, with a side of Life Stealing, yes?

Scott DeWar

Now, just to be sure I'm on the correct page: That was a Silvered, Cold Iron +25 Longsword, Dragonsbane, Evil Smiting, with a side of Life Stealing, yes?

but because I am born of the heavenly lands, that sword is a -25 cursed Pun Sayer. It makes you speak in puns if you attempt to hit me with it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases