Character build

Rangler

First Post
i'm in a battleheavy campaign, where wizards aint allowed so i was kinda thinking bout going the Archer way....got these insane stats....18, 18, 15, 15, 14 ,12
yer free to suggest anything tho.
yer help will be appriciated :)

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
With those stats you could make a very nice paladin or monk. But I'd personally go with a 1/2 Orc cleric.

S 18 + 2 = 20
D 12
C 15
I 15 - 2 = 13
W 18
Ch 14 -2 = 12

You'll have not-embarassing turn undead abilties and you'll do well in combat. Load up on the armor and your low DEX won't affect you. If you're into powergaming, take a level of barbarian to gain the movement bonus to offset the use of heavy armor.

Happy gaming!

bret

First Post
Are Sorcerer's or Bard's allowed, or is it that all Arcane spellcasters are forbidden?

Personally, I would go with a Monk given those Stats. Great mobility, great saving throws, and a lot of fun to play.

Str 15
Dex 18
Con 15
Int 14
Wis 18
Cha 12

AC 18

I would most likely go human, although Dwarf wouldn't be a bad choice.

It doesn't matter what class you pick, with those attributes you should be able to do well. Pick something that you think would be fun to play.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Well if you want an archer...

Str 15
Dex 18
Con 18
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 15

Could be a good legendary archer with those stats! And you could always swap the Con and Str scores if you wanted.

Or maybe Int18, Con12, for a more unnusual archer type. Highly intelligent, good leader of men, lots of cross class skills relating to Cha (bluff, diplomacy etc). Could be a lot of fun to try something a bit more unnusual like that.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
With stats like that, you can do anything you like.

Since I like playing paladins, I'd probably play a human paladin:
Str 18
Dex 12
Con 15
Int 14
Wis 15
Cha 18

However, you'd make a very good wood elf archer (Ftr/Bbn/Rgr) as well:

Str 20, Dex 20, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 10

Of course, the 20 str is only useful when the enemy closes into melee range and the favored class ranger makes arcane archer harder to get so you might go with a high elf instead:

Str 18, Dex 20, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 12

That set of stats would make a very good Bladesinger too (although you'd want wizard levels for that).

If sorcerors are available, you'd have an incredible sorceror too:
Str 12, Dex 15, Con 18 (20 with toad familiar), Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 18

If I were to go monk, I'd consider doing it like this:
Half-orc monk
Str 20, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 10
Taking a level of barbarian first and then switching to monk (playing an ex bbn 1/Monk x would give you weapon proficiencies, more hit points, and lots of movement)

For that matter, you could be a fighter who was good at more than just fighting (with cross-class skills). . . but was very very very good at fighting too:
Dwarf Fighter:
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 12

Last edited:

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Elder-Basilisk said:

If sorcerors are available, you'd have an incredible sorceror too:
Str 12, Dex 15, Con 18 (20 with toad familiar), Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 18

If you go this route, then take the first level as a paladin. The save bonuses and weapon prof's will allow to survive a bit.

SD

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Consider the Elven Paladin (Archer):

Str: 15
Dex: 20 (18 +2)
Con: 13 (15 -2)
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

You'll be able to hold your own in melee, but from range you'll be a monster.

-- Nifft

Sanackranib

First Post
good rolls

with those rolls you would get a lot of milage out of an aasmir/tiefling (either) cleric. lot of bonus spells and high con.

Rangler

First Post
thanks fer yer input :)
Paladin is great fun i know that, still an Archer build up would be nice, haven't really been much other than a cleric tho i have to admit i enjoy it :D

hammymchamham

First Post
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
If you're into powergaming, take a level of barbarian to gain the movement bonus to offset the use of heavy armor.

Thats a wonderful idea, except

Fast Movement: The barbarian has a speed faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet when wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor (and not carrying a heavy load).

Remove ads