Battlefield: Hardline

Goodsport

Explorer
I just downloaded the beta for Battlefield: Hardline and hope to play it soon. :) As has been pointed out elsewhere, this game's beta already seems to run more smoothly than Battlefield 4 did right at its launch; one reason for that could be because Visceral Games made this game rather than DICE (fun fact: Visceral Games created Battlefield 3: End Game, the final DLC for BF3).

Though I understand that to keep with the Battlefield theme this game had to remain pretty much run-and-gun (at least the mulitplayer portion), I was hoping that it would've instead been closer to what S.W.A.T. 4 was (as well as the S.W.A.T. series and early Rainbow Six series in general), from the planning stage to the cautious execution stage and whatnot (speaking of which, I wish that I could load up S.W.A.T. 4 again and play it, but that unfortunately is no longer possible now that my PC runs on Windows 8.1, and it couldn't on Windows 8 before that). :(

-G

Though I understand that to keep with the Battlefield theme this game had to remain pretty much run-and-gun (at least the mulitplayer portion), I was hoping that it would've instead been closer to what S.W.A.T. 4 was (as well as the S.W.A.T. series and early Rainbow Six series in general), from the planning stage to the cautious execution stage and whatnot (speaking of which, I wish that I could load up S.W.A.T. 4 again and play it, but that unfortunately is no longer possible now that my PC runs on Windows 8.1, and it couldn't on Windows 8 before that). :(
-G

I played the beta and i'm not used to it yet. I hope the single player is better than what was offered in the past...as for SWAT GoG has swat 3 it might work for win 8

Goodsport

Explorer
:(

vd7qebxdfrwp6hgkij65.jpg

-G

2. Single Player Story Depth: In order to ensure our Single Player experience delivers on player expectations, we're spending more time polishing our core features, as well as adding a few new ones that will support a deeper "crime revenge" story experience.
That's good news to me,since that's what i'm mainly interested in and considering how BF4's launch went this sounds like a good idea over all

Sero

First Post
I'm still pretty skeptical, it's a neat idea but I don't see how it's going to deliver. The bombastic style of modern battlefield games just does not fit, why are the police shooting rockets at a giant construction cranes in the vague hope that it might crush a getaway car! The amount of damage their doing to the city is just absurd and destroys any sense of place.
If it plays like a battlefield game than at the end of the day why go with the cops and robbers theme. And if it does manage to make the cops vs robbers theme make any bloody sense, why are they selling it as a battlefield game.

Now all that's not to say that it might not still be fun to play. But I just don't get what their plan was, glad they delayed it, maybe if they take the time and get off the annual release nonsense they can find a way to salvage it.

Also, all of that aside, it's not a 2142 reboot so ya know, screw them anyways I want my pod surfing back -.-

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
New single-player and multiplayer footage released today.

[video=youtube;kk34yU1BGiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk34yU1BGiU[/video]

[video=youtube;2GrW-4bA82U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrW-4bA82U[/video]

-G

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases