Dwimmermount OOC

Leif

Adventurer
What if I went with a Dwarf Fighter/Thief who concentrates more on the lock/trap/backstabbing aspects of thievery, not so much the quiet, sneaky stuff? What level would that character be, Imperialus?

Or would that be just too many danged dwarves?

Imperialus

Explorer
Sorry for the disappearance. We went back to school this week and I moved schools so I had to deal with all the admin stuff to make sure I was in their system, my keycard worked, plus all the fun that unpacking all my stuff and setting up my room entailed. It was a few very long days.

As for character levels. Everyone would have earned 1576 XP on the first expedition. This is only counting monsters, challenge XP, and treasure that has obvious conversions into GP. It also awards the XP value for the magic items you have found (The Shortsword and the Saint's Fingerbone). If you sell them you get the GP value instead. It does not include stuff like the map or books because their value is highly variable depending on who you sell them to. Don't forget to calculate your XP bonus if you have a high prime requisite. 5% for 13-15 and 10% for 16-18.

As for the dwarf fighter/thief, it sounds great to me. Really, we'd be back at the same number of dwarves as before so certainly no issue there.

Also, assuming you guys are OK with it, I would like to do a second round of recruiting. We've had a few drop outs so it would be good to get some fresh blood for the second expedition.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry I forgot we were using Labyrinth Lord rules. There is no Dwarf Fighter/Thief. You, Imperialus, don't mention using the Advanced Edition Companion for LL, but that tome does permit Dwarves to choose from the classes Assassin, Cleric, Fighter, and Thief. If you want to limit this game to the basic LL rules volume, and you evidently do, my replacement character will be a Dwarf Dwarf (race doubling for class).

LL Basic Dwarves have a 2 in 6 chance to detect traps, false walls, and/or hidden construction, so that basically covers why I wanted a thief, and I am perfectly happy with just a Dwarf Dwarf.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Go ahead and use the Advanced Edition Compendium if you want. The classes between the two books are balanced just fine. My tabletop group has used them interchangeably for like 6 years now.

Leif

Adventurer
I think I'd rather go with the std LL Dwarf, since they get d8 hit dice and thieves only get a d6 if memory serves.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
So are we closing the escape scene with Vindar looking up at the Red Doors? Fast forward to... sometimes late?

(Vindar would still like a description of those doors though? For future reference.)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Was sort of hoping you would take up leadership of the group in Midgrim's absence, [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION]? I take it you're not interested? We haven't gotten any description of Gargrim's (lack of?) reaction to the events either?

Remove ads