Dwimmermount OOC

Leif

Adventurer
There is! Didn't you watch the clip?

:D

I just haven't had much to say in the IC lately. One of those things, you know?

Leif

Adventurer
Good to see you, Deuce. You'll have to sweet-talk [MENTION=893]Imperialus[/MENTION] to be added to the game.

Imperialus

Explorer
Could you guys use another player? I have BECMI at home.

Yes, as a matter of fact we could use another player.

We've had one drop out, and his dwarf (Gargrim) has just kinda faded to the back since but if you want to take him over at least on a temporary basis until we can work a new PC in that would work well. Strictly speaking we've been using Labyrinth Lord as a ruleset, but B/X works just as well for all but the fiddliest of details. BECMI would work OK as well for everything but thief ability tables and saving throws IIRC since those were spread over 36 levels instead of 14.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'll just take over Gargrim then. It seems the safest bet to keep the continuity moving along. If his player comes back, I'll try to work something else.

Leif

Adventurer
Labyrinth Lord can be downloaded here.

If there is some unforeseen complication with that dowload, I can share my electronic copy.

Imperialus

Explorer
I'll just take over Gargrim then. It seems the safest bet to keep the continuity moving along. If his player comes back, I'll try to work something else.

Sounds good, sorry to give you such a rude welcome with 4 hitpoints of damage before you even get a chance to roll a die but as soon as the party makes it out of the dungeon then he can go his own way. It might make sense for him to return to Adamas to explain to the dwarves there just what the hell is going on in the place they are charged to protect and then you can roll up a character of your own.

As an alternative if you'd rather get your own PC up and running sooner rather than later there would be an opportunity to introduce a member of the ill fated expedition of Typhon's Fists at some point fairly soon. I'd offer up Climent as a potential PC, but there is some stuff about him that shouldn't be 'out in the wild' quite yet.

The character creation rules are in the recruitment thread, but to summarize:

Stats: 3d6 arrange to taste, max HP at first level. Any of the classes from the Labyrinth Lord core book are available, plus if you are a human and happen to get Str 12, Int 9, Wis 13, and Cha 17 you can play as a Paladin. Gold and gear rolled as usual.

I do XP for gold, but you need to spend the gold in some way in order for it to get you XP. It can be pretty much anything that makes sense for your character though. Yes, spending it on gear, supplies, and the like does count, but so does blowing it on ale and whores, or donating it to your temple, or paying back your debt (if you are a dwarf) or 'investing' it in get rich quick schemes. Whatever the case as long as you spend it, you get the XP.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I do XP for gold, but you need to spend the gold in some way in order for it to get you XP. It can be pretty much anything that makes sense for your character though. Yes, spending it on gear, supplies, and the like does count, but so does blowing it on ale and whores, or donating it to your temple, or paying back your debt (if you are a dwarf) or 'investing' it in get rich quick schemes. Whatever the case as long as you spend it, you get the XP.
ALE & WHORES, HUZZAH!!

(Oops, my wife was not amused by this. :-S )

Last edited:

Remove ads