D&D 5E Official D&D Basic Discussion Thread

Cybit

First Post
Figure I will set up the official thread for discussion / feedback / coolness / anger about D&D Basic!

First one; I'm loving Chapter 4 and how they use Artemis and Tika to compare and contrast how characters who are similar mechanically are different in play.

Cybit

First Post
Multiclassing is mentioned; but they drop a new? caveat; you must meet both the current class and the new class multiclass prerequisites. No more level 1 10 STR fighters MC'ing into Wizard.

R

RevTurkey

It looks great. It looks like D&D. On first skim through, I like it.

Thanks to Mike Mearls and all the team. Well done :)

Melkor

Explorer
Does a Fighter get Action Surge IN ADDITION to a normal action AND a possible bonus action?

At 5th level, can the Fighter attack twice with his normal action and his Action Surge action?

Chaltab

Explorer
It doesn't seem like there are any Feats in the PDF. Like they're mentioned, but then there's no list of them. What good does that do us?

Cybit

First Post
It doesn't seem like there are any Feats in the PDF. Like they're mentioned, but then there's no list of them. What good does that do us?

To sell you towards the PHB. :D

Remember, as time goes on, Basic will be updated as they release more and more of their content for free. So Feats may eventually show up in Basic; but they want to explain the concept in Basic and point folks towards the PHB if they want to use it.

occam

Adventurer
As was hinted, the second attack when two-weapon fighting takes a bonus action. That means a fighter with Extra Attack using Action Surge gets only 5 attacks (4 normal + 1 extra), not up to 8 (4 normal + 4 extra, depending on interpretation). Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Remove ads