Sagiro's Story Hour: Now That It's Over

Markn

First Post
Thanks for the replies Sagiro!

You have no idea how eager I am for the maps of Charagan. I've been able to collect the old Harkran map but have had no luck on the Nahalm and the Lanei map.

If anyone has them I would pay eternal gratitude for them. :).

In the meantime I also eagerly await book 2 (and the maps within).

One more question if I may, how much information did the average citizen know about the gods? Was the Advesary myths well known? I'm trying to get a sense of how ingrained into the culture the gods were.

Iceborn, you are correct. It was Parthol. I found that answer not long after posting.

Everett

First Post
One more question if I may, how much information did the average citizen know about the gods? Was the Advesary myths well known? I'm trying to get a sense of how ingrained into the culture the gods were.

Sagiro may correct me when he pops by, but I believe average citizens of Charagan were well enough aware of the pantheon of Gods that fought the Adversary -- children growing up learned the myth of the fleeing gods and the Adversary the same way everyone knows Judeo-Christian basics (Bible, Jesus et al) whether they subscribe or have anything to do with those religions. But to most on Charagan, the myths were just that. Not something known to be history. Folks may or may not believe in the Gods, but temples to Delioch, Ell and the others are public and spread through most major cities.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Hi Sagiro! So how's the progress on The Crosser's Maze? Remember when you said it would be out in - oh, wait. Sorry about that! ;)

In theory, my editor should be delivering her edits within the week. Given the likely time it will take to incorporate those edits, then get the book proofread and formatted...let's say an August publication date would not be out of the question. I'd ask you not to quote me on that, but you'd just ignore me. :p

Sagiro

Yes... for certain values of imminent. :) I'll be sending the draft to my proofreaders within the week. They should take about three weeks, after which my formatter will need another two weeks to get the book into its final form. My best guess now is an early October release. The only possible stumbling block (besides technical problems with Amazon) is a delay in my cover art and maps. (My wonderful artist, graphic novelist Gareth Hinds, has his own release coming out around the same time, and in addition his landlord recently sold his apartment out from under him necessitating a surprise move, so his schedule has been thrown off.)

As soon as the maps are finished, I plan to put them up on my website. I'll post a link to them here when that happens.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Book 1 ordered on Amazon!

It's been a *long* time since I read this story hour, so I think this is going to be a great experience since I've forgotten a lot from it...

Sagiro

So glad to hear you enjoyed it!

The good news for you is that Book 2 should be out in October, so you'll have much less of a wait than my readers who grabbed it 20 months ago.

Also, if you feel like leaving a review (which can be short!) on Amazon or Goodreads, I would be very much obliged.

Thanks!

Remove ads