Sagiro's Story Hour: Now That It's Over

Everett

First Post
My only regret in that marvelous final fight, other than the sadness of Flicker's vast loneliness

Right -- so Flicker was in love with Yoba? Where was that alluded to previously?

One day I suppose I may give the whole Story Hour a re-read, but surely not anytime soon...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right -- so Flicker was in love with Yoba? Where was that alluded to previously?

Most recently, it's what Flicker threatened to stab Dranko about when Flicker was maudlin and Dranko wouldn't stop pestering him about why. It's more obvious in the story hour than it was in-game; I don't think most of the group was aware of it, although Dranko was. Poor little guy.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Liking the idea of this extra thread for remembrances and other questions!

BTW, I've also liked for some time now that the final Story Hour thread starts with a note that Piratecat was worried about long threads on the boards...

Subscribing here for bonus content and DVD extras. ;)

All in all, a great campaign, and a great story to read. And I'd love to make a joke about "let us never forget the heroes" (while forgetting to include Dranko in the list), but really I think of him as the main character.

Everett

First Post
Sagiro said:
The eleven heroes have been brought to this place and scattered widely about.

Oh yeah -- eleven? There's thirteen of them. Fourteen if you count Galdifain (who is not, shall we note, entirely unHobbit-like.)

RangerWickett said:
And I'd love to make a joke about "let us never forget the heroes" (while forgetting to include Dranko in the list), but really I think of him as the main character.

I agree, but that's more to do with Piratecat's personality than anything about the campaign.

The_Warlock

Explorer
Well, while it's sad that one of the things that has kept me coming to ENworld regularly over the past few years is done, it was a fantastic story and adventure. Thank you again for writing it up. And yes, I will likely also buy a novelization - because it will be both familiar and new. I also expect Blue Manchu Publishing to become a powerhouse of fantasy novelizations for the future, so get on that. chuckle.

One question from GM to GM, did you start out the campaign knowing that there would be a deep and epic underlying story for what you were doing (even if you didn't know the details or even an outline at the time), or did that grow out of seeing the first few sessions and seeing how your players were interacting with your world?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And I'd love to make a joke about "let us never forget the heroes" (while forgetting to include Dranko in the list), but really I think of him as the main character.

Not even close. Dranko is the sarcastic anti-hero who's never even going to be close to the leader, who's appropriately resentful about it, and who skulks around on the sidelines convinced that he's way more amusing and charming than he actually is. .

Everett

First Post
So, like Tyrion?

No, Tyrion knows exactly amusing he is and how charming he isn't.

Piratecat said:
Not even close. Dranko is the sarcastic anti-hero who's never even going to be close to the leader, who's appropriately resentful about it, and who skulks around on the sidelines convinced that he's way more amusing and charming than he actually is.

But Piratecat -- he SEEMS like the main character most of the time, whatever your own perception of him is. There's probably a number of reasons for that, but that's the impression the Story Hour yields.

Everett

First Post
Oh, hey Sagiro -- I don't think we got a clear answer on the sections of the prophecy that referred to "one" who "loves all" and "one hates one." My previous guess was that Abernia "loves all", and the only thing I can come up with for the latter is that the Adversary hated Dranko. Am I on?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases