Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
After some debate you get your marching order sorted out and begin the rather treacherous climb along the narrow path. Eventually it ends at a narrow cleft in the rock with stairs leading down into darkness.

OOC: Just some standard dungeon crawling bookkeeping is needed here. If I could get a final marching order (both single and double file) and who's carrying the torch. Cleiment would be OK with being torchbearer if no one else wants to. To keep things from getting bogged down the way I'll keep it moving forward is that the day after someone posts which direction they want to go in I'll send the group down that way following the maching order. If you want to get fancy and break off in different directions that's cool but I'll just default back to the marching order whenever that isn't the case.

Piston Honda

First Post
“Righ’ a Dwarf first, lads.” Gargrim keeps his hammer readied. “Just no sudden movements.” He smiles but his voice and body are tense as he heads further into unknown territory.

[sblock=Order proposition]
Double File
Gargrim – Klyman in the front
Jimi - Squishy Climent (Torchbearer) in the center
Midgrim watches the rear

Single File
Gargrim
Klyman
Squishy Climent (Torchbearer)
Jimi
Midgrim
[/sblock]

Imperialus

Explorer
As you slowly make your way down the stairs Climent sparks a torch and the light washes over the clean cut stone steps that begin a few feet from the natural opening in the rock. Small channels are cut in the sides of the steps to allow rainwater and snowmelt to wash away without erodeing the stone, but even so centuries of wear by booted dwarven feet have left their mark. The stairs continue for a few dozen feet before opening into a small natural cave.

Upon entry it becomes obvious that you are not the first ones to have discovered this entrance. Your torchlight illuminates two bodies across the room by the north entrance. You're still too far away to make out any details though.
Rm. 30.png

OOC: The room runs north south, so at the base of the stairs you are currently facing pretty much due north.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi readies his shield on his left arm, and checks his flail is within easy reach on his belt before they enter the mountain.

"Tyche's fortune be with us..." he says quietly, touching his holy symbol as they enter the darkness. Using his right hand he steadies himself against the wall, being careful not to slip or trip on the ancient stone steps.

Jimi's eyes begin to dart about nervously and his pulse quickens ever so slightly as they descend the staircase. Dwimmermount... he had heard the legends, the stores, but to actually be here... was something different all together.

The group's progress slows as they approach the chamber ahead.

"Midrgim, Klyman - what do you see ahead?" he whispers.

Piston Honda

First Post
Gargrim's voice becomes grave. "Bodies." He approaches slowly, not getting too close to them. "Do you see anything along the walls Klyman?"

[sblock=OOC]
Gargrim stays 10' from the bodies, looking to see if there are any indications of what might have killed them, and if they happen to be non-dwarves. A detailed examination is probably beyond him, but any general wounds. He's mostly looking for any traps.

Detect Traps 1d6=3
(Edited to include roll)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"Give me a second here..." Klyman looks intently across the room at the bodies, worried that they might be other than simply dead, and he inspects the cave walls all around and the ceiling as well, looking for movement of any kind and any sort of marks on the walls or writing or anything.

Imperialus

Explorer
The room itself appears to be a natural cave. There is no writing on the walls, and other than the steady drip of water from somewhere further into the darkness you hear nothing.

As you approach the bodies it becomes apparent that both are human and quite dead. One is a man, clad in plate armour, while the second appears to be a woman wearing chainmail. Both are facing the north exit, and it appears that the woman at least has several arrows in her body though from a distance it is unclear how the man died. Glancing behind you towards the stairs you also notice that the exit to the surface is designed in such a way that it is not immediately obvious to someone entering the room from the north. It is quite likely that if the two dead people had retreated into the room they may have believed that they had found a dead end.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"It would appear that these two made their 'last stand' here, not knowing that an escape was right behind them. I wonder who or what beset them here?"

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi moves over to the corpses, and kneels down beside them before touching his forehead and closing his eyes in a brief prayer.

He feels a moment of unease - searching the bodies of the deceased seems somehow inappropriate for a servant of the Gods, but any clues as to what they might face deeper within the mountain could be invaluable.

"Climent, bring that torch closer, would you please...?"

He begins to examine the remains, specifically checking the arrows (OOC: are they well-crafted, crude, identifiable as Elven, Dwarven?), searching for wounds or injuries on the male, and looking for any trinkets, papers or other personal items that may give clues as to their identities.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"Here, Father Jimi, let me help you with the lass. After all, it just wouldn't do for a man of your calling to go groping about on a lady like that, even if she is dead and all." A hint of tongue begins to protrude from his mouth as Klyman anticipates what discoveries he might make on the lady's person.

[sblock=OOC]This is really sick! I almost couldn't bring myself to post this, but danggit, Klyman is kind of a sick summbish, and, besides, it's just TOO funny! (I hope)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases