Dwimmermount IC:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Ta be fair, yee WERE in the shadows a bit," mentions Midgrim with a satisfied smile, his own impression of Delster obviously firmly on the positive side of things: good dwarf...

As for the rest, he's a bit vague but that's probably more serious business right there: [The priest hired that magic-user,] he translates for his brother in dwarven, leaning close for a double-bearded confab. [What do yee think, brother?] he asks with a serious look towards Jimi.

There is the secret of their Door to consider...

OOC: [] = speech in dwarven.

Piston Honda

First Post
“[Magic] Pah!” Inflection obvious, Gargrim looked at the magic-user as he began toying at his beard for a moment, then looked back at Midgrim. [I don’t care much for none of it. But he is an extra pair of hands to bring our fortune up. Dainty hands from the look of it. But the priest seems right decent enough, and has a point, we don’t know what secrets lies deep down there, he could come in handy. That don’t mean we shouldn’t keep an eye on him.] Gargrim gives a big grin. “Welcome t’ tha Iron Defenders, Climent.” He wondered if he should explain the name.

Binder Fred

"Yee're responsible for him though Jimi," adds Midgrim with the warning finger of every father accepting a new pet into the house. :)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Ah, well, of course Midgrim." replies Jimi, slightly unnerved by the Dwarves' discussion in their own language. What were they saying about him...?

"But I'm sure our new companion is a seasoned adventurer who can take care of himself. I have every confidence in him and his abilities. Ah... and I see you have taken the liberty of naming our band of adventurers. The Iron Defenders, eh? Very... Dwarfish of you."

He rises from the table, having finished his drink and meal.

Now then, I might advise we all retire for the night and regroup in the morning to discuss our options. Climent has suggested we try the Alchemist's Door first - he may be able to work some magic with the doors that we cannot."

Binder Fred

"If our way doesn't work, yee mean?" considers Midgrim with a slight frown, lowering his voice so they aren't overheard. "Might come ta that," he admits, "AND we just heard the 'red' from the Red Doors comes from tha blood of those that go-on through them, 'parently..."

Then he grins: "Time enough ta worry about it aplenty tomorrow! Right now I'm thinking a late night raid on that kitchen might be in order... Who's with me?"

He's grown a bit peckish -- and a snack before bed'll always be the perfect topper to any day anyways!

[sblock=OOC]Ready to move on to tomorrow when the others are. Re the name, Leif seemed in favor as well but we can open an official OOC vote if you want, JDT? See the OOC.

Imperialus: Note that Midgrim plans to drop by the gemcutter's in the morning, to shake his hand and do proper introductions. He'll also ask if he remembers a dwarf by the name of Iren Goldhammer, who should have dropped by 8-9 years ago, I imagine? (This being his previously mentioned famous adventuring g-g-grandfather, possibly lost in the Dwimmermount). We could summarize the outcome of that in a single paragraph if you're good with that?[/sblock]

Imperialus

Explorer
After raiding the pantry you decide to head to bed. The next morning dawns and you shake the fuzz from the previous evening's alcohol from your brain before returning to the common room where Climent is already waiting for you. He waves you over to his table "Good morrow. I trust Jimi has already told you of me and my desire to join your band? I am far from the most accomplished sorcerer, but I know of a few dewomers that may prove useful should we end up in a tight place. I can for example place our foes into a magical slumber should we find ourselves overwhelmed, and I am able to read in several ancient tongues as well as the the arcane script used by the Eld and Termaxians."

Binder Fred

"Yee know who's who?" inquires Midgrim a bit brusquely, dwarven-style, before pointing: "Gargrim and me, Midgrim Goldhammer, clan brothers from Adamas. Klyman of Sylar, our quiet man from parts unknown. And Jimi yee already know, right?" He leans forward as much as his girth will allow: "Keep it ta yourself, Climent, but we've been hired by the dwarven council of elders ta find out what all this racket is within the 'Mount." And then he grins and rubs his hands: "Innkeeper! Piles of gruel, bread and ham, if yee please!"

He's come down in his full adventuring regalia - leather backpack full to bursting by his feet and 10-foot pole (with a hook) leaning against the table with his shield - and looks damnably unaffected by anything he might have consumed (in huge quantities) last night.

Constitution of a short, fat, long-bearded OX, that Midgrim! :)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi takes a seat and begins tucking into breakfast. He too is dressed ready for adventure, resplendent in his armour, battered shield slung over his back, a well-used but still serviceable spiked flail stowed in a loop on his belt, and his prized silver holy symbol gleaming in the morning sun as it hangs around his neck.

"So, the fateful morning is upon us..."
he says, with an air of nervousness. The senior Clerics of Tyche had trained him thoroughly in the spiritual and martial arts; and yet this was going to be the first time he would be using his skills outside of the temple, where they could be the difference between life or death. His prayers to Tyche had been a little more... thorough last night.

"Today is the day we descend into the Dwimmermount. Eat up everyone, we'll need our strength. Would now be a prudent time to decide which of the entrances we are going to investigate?"

[OOC: I have changed font colour to avoid confusion with Climent. Just to double check before we set off, do I get a spell as a 1st Level Cleric or not? There was some ambiguity in the OOC thread]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases