Dwimmermount IC:

Piston Honda

First Post
Gargrim looks a bit baffled as Climent speaks, he stands beside Midgrim and quietly asks his Clanbrother, [He’s using a lot of big words I don’t know. He is speaking Common, right?]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[Mostly,] chuckles the large dwarf, somewhat recuperated by then. [He thinks someone broke through here two months ago and did something in the 'Mount during that conjunction thing. Something evil, 'cause getting through here needs a blood sacrifice. And something important, 'cause of all the planning, effort and all that.] He switches to common without breaking stride: "Interresting, sure Climent, but unless any of yee got a sacrifice in your buskin and a fortune in quicksilver to boot, what say yee we move on ta our door now?"

At least the first bit will be going downhill!

[sblock=OOC]
Look at the first paragraph of the opening post of this thread.
Yes? If it's the last sentence, I'm not reading "unsure" as meaning it can't be done. Quite the reverse in fact: I'm reading that bit as a definite "if you're clever/lucky/strong, it might!".

Or do you see something else in there that I don't?[/sblock]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi feels a mild unease with the enthusiasm Climent is showing. Human sacrifices to open the portal? A planned expedition, before Typhon's fists? Heavenly conjunctions? What exactly had he gotten himself into?

"A sound theory, Climent, although worrying. For what dark purpose would someone... or something... need to access this portal specifically, and not one of the other entrances? Is there something within the chambers of Dwimmermount that could be linked to your astral conjunction?"

He approaches the portal, and reaches out to touch it, before thinking better of it and withdrawing his hand. The briefest shiver of panic ran through him, and he instinctively touches his holy symbol, offering a brief silent prayer to Tyche.

Gathering his thoughts, he turns around to face the group. "Regardless, Midgrim has a point. Unless you have a way into this door that doesn't require a ritual sacrifice, dark sorceries and thousands of gold's worth of alchemical silver, perhaps we should try another entrance..."

[Edit: in changing font to avoid clashing with Climent, I've now ended up clashing with Gargrim. What a muppet. Let's try a lovely bright green...]

Imperialus

Explorer
Climent shrugs "Honestly, I haven't the faintest idea who's behind it. Safest bet would be Termaxians... After all their god is imprisoned somewhere inside Dwimmermount, but really it could be anyone. As for why they chose the Alchemists door? Well, it may well be that it was the only way to bypass the barriers. The Red Doors have been impassable for centuries, and outside of dwaves no one knows how to access the stone wrought stairs so..." shoving his books back in his pack he tosses it over his shoulder "But yes, I think we've wasted enough time here. I'd rather not be caught on a cliff face after dark so we should move on."

Picking your way back towards the main road you continue up the path. After an hour or so Midgrim and Gargrim start noticing some of the landmarks you were told to look for and before much longer you notice the distinctive cut of man, or rather dwarven made handholds leading off an otherwise unremarkable rockface...

Binder Fred

"Ah, here we are," announces Midgrim, grinning and damn near rubbing his hands in excitement. "Let's send our best climber down this thing." And here, little surprise, his brown eyes are looking straight at Klyman...

OOC: Do the handholds go up a cliff-face, or down one, Imperialus? If the latter, he'll dig in his pack and offer whoever goes one end of his hemp rope, bracing the other end with his considerable weight. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman looks over his shoulder to see who Midgrim is talking to/about. Seeing no one behind him, Klyman plaxces a self-deprecating hand on his chest and raises his eyebrows as if to say, Moi?

"Now, just to be perfectly clear about this hazardous feat you're asking me to perform, I climb down(?) to where(?) and do what? And, of course, since I'll be all by myself down there, what's to keep some rabid orcs from turning me into their snack, besides my own muscle and steel? Do I get some extra loot for doing this?"

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
The handholds actually run horizontally along the cliff face. Upon closer inspection Klyman it looks as though it should be a pretty easy task for anyone with reasonable fitness to boulder their way across. Almost as much care has been put into ensuring that the handholds are secure and easily reached as has been put into concealing them. Your only real concern is that they are placed with the armspan and height of dwarves in mind so they are a little closer together and lower to the footholds than you would otherwise want. It would appear that the handholds only continue for about 20 or 30 feet before they end at a small outcropping of rock where you can only assume that either the entrance can be found or an easier path begins.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Inspecting the path he's been asked to 'blaze' more closely, Klyman says, "*Ahem* Well, that doesn't seem to be too daunting a task for a nimble and skilled burglar like myself. Ahh, about that extra loot, what did we say, now?"

Binder Fred

"That yee do get loot for it, Klyman: an actual share, equal ta the likes of Gargrim and Midgrim Goldhammer," grins the rotund dwarf. "Aren't you the lucky one?" He the digs in his pack and offers Klyman one end of his hempen rope, "Now tie yeerself around this -- and tell us everything yee see once yee get there, a'right?"

Meanwhile, he braces the other end with his considerable weight. [A little help, brother?]

Piston Honda

First Post
“Na’ only tha’, bu’ the thrill of adventure an’ the righ’ to be part of the songs!” Gargrim chimes in, smiling. Gargrim helps to reinforce Midgrim, then looks back at the other two before looking away very quickly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases