Lost Mines of Phandelver Quest Cards? Come on in!

Nemio

First Post
Nice, this might come in handy.
I'll be playing with new players so they might not (know they should) take notes.

However I think that it will be more fun if they do.
How is this handled normally? One player is designated to take notes?

fba827

Adventurer
Nice, this might come in handy.
I'll be playing with new players so they might not (know they should) take notes.

However I think that it will be more fun if they do.
How is this handled normally? One player is designated to take notes?

If they are new players, as a dm I might say something like ' it is a good idea to take notes on the people you speak to, places you are going, or things you are asked to do' and then it actually has the potential to get the players to start talking together if they want just one person to do it( ie starts the process of their collaboration)

Alternatively if these are new players who will never ever play again I might not even say that much and just remind them of names/places/quests as needed since they aren't that invested and no need to make them feel like some aspect is a chore

Nemio

First Post
If they are new players, as a dm I might say something like ' it is a good idea to take notes on the people you speak to, places you are going, or things you are asked to do' and then it actually has the potential to get the players to start talking together if they want just one person to do it( ie starts the process of their collaboration)

Alternatively if these are new players who will never ever play again I might not even say that much and just remind them of names/places/quests as needed since they aren't that invested and no need to make them feel like some aspect is a chore

Well, I hope they will want to play again and finish the Starter Set adventure :)
I'll start with what you said. Saying it might be a good idea to take notes.
If they all seem to think this isn't fun then I'll just remind them when needed.

cassmi87

Villager
Neat idea. :) I'm afraid the cards still have the same errors, only in slightly different places. Gundren appears as Gunden and Hallwinter appears as Highwinter.

BigJuju

Explorer
Great cards, Remathilis! I found them thru Mark CMG's blog post.​

We really like using your cards. They really add another layer of fun to the many quests of this sandbox-y module.

Here's a pic of one in action. In the background is Mirna and her children having been liberated by the PCs.

IMG_5566.jpg

Last edited:

Quonomonna

Villager
Playing Lost Mines of Phandelver, but your PCs can't keep their quests straight? Nobody remembers who your supposed to be running errands for, or who asked you to kill the orcs? Don't fear! These quest cards give the PCs the important background info without any of the spoilers. (Though knowledge of the quests themselves could be spoilers: Players avoid).

Download, cut out, give as PCs explore.

UPDATED ONES BELOW!

If anyone wants the raw, editable file, I have that, but its in Microsoft Publisher (.pub) format.
Would love to have these in Spanish for my table at D&D Beginner's night

Quonomonna

Villager
Playing Lost Mines of Phandelver, but your PCs can't keep their quests straight? Nobody remembers who your supposed to be running errands for, or who asked you to kill the orcs? Don't fear! These quest cards give the PCs the important background info without any of the spoilers. (Though knowledge of the quests themselves could be spoilers: Players avoid).

Download, cut out, give as PCs explore.

UPDATED ONES BELOW!

If anyone wants the raw, editable file, I have that, but its in Microsoft Publisher (.pub) format.
Would love to have these in Spanish! Whoops I just registered and thought I'd have to repost it. Sorry, can't seem to delete it either.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases