Ashes, all OOC

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I have perused it, but I'll give it a more focused read now. I'll put something together sometime this evening, and let you know if I have any questions in the process. Thanks again for allowing me to play. I've never done the play by post, but am definitely looking forward to the opportunity.

Welcome to the boards! We're just starting, but it looks like it could be a fun game!

PierceSG

First Post
I have perused it, but I'll give it a more focused read now. I'll put something together sometime this evening, and let you know if I have any questions in the process. Thanks again for allowing me to play. I've never done the play by post, but am definitely looking forward to the opportunity.
Welcome to the party. :)

Neikron

Explorer
Welcome to the boards! We're just starting, but it looks like it could be a fun game!
Definitely looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Welcome to the party. :)
Thanks!

Alright, so I've looked over everything, and rolled up some raw stats. I was thinking rogue, but I'm not sure how ideal two rogues would be. Or, perhaps that is the best/worst possible idea ever? Could make for some interesting scenes, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I was going to play a rogue out of desperation (with things as crazy as they are now), more than inherent rogue-ness.

Let me know if anyone has an issue with that.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Play the character you want to play. Who knows where the game will go, but it's more likely to last if everyone's got the most buy-in possible.

We'll make it work! (my opinion only, obviously)

dream66_

First Post

Thanks!

Alright, so I've looked over everything, and rolled up some raw stats. I was thinking rogue, but I'm not sure how ideal two rogues would be. Or, perhaps that is the best/worst possible idea ever? Could make for some interesting scenes, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I was going to play a rogue out of desperation (with things as crazy as they are now), more than inherent rogue-ness.

I think it will be fine with a rogue since we don't have a true rogue, we have a cleric with criminal skills. so you won't be stepping on toes I think.

However, if that's not what you want to play you can play anything you want.

mips42

Adventurer

Thanks!

So, we don't have a *true* rogue, like Dream66 said, just a former criminal who's become a cleric.
Play the character you want to play or the one that sounds the most interesting.

Also, in the interest of clarity, I've added 'OOC' to this threads' title.

Neikron

Explorer
I think it will be fine with a rogue since we don't have a true rogue, we have a cleric with criminal skills. so you won't be stepping on toes I think.

However, if that's not what you want to play you can play anything you want.
I've decided that I will play a Lightfoot Halfling Rogue. Just filling out my sheet now. Should have something done by tomorrow. It's 80% done now. Just need to fix it up tomorrow.

Edit:
So, we don't have a *true* rogue, like Dream66 said, just a former criminal who's become a cleric.
Play the character you want to play or the one that sounds the most interesting.
That's actually pretty interesting. I feel like my concept is going in the reverse direction, and I love that. I want to play a rogue that only does it out of necessity. Could make an interesting fight with his conscience.

Last edited:

Neikron

Explorer
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name
: Penton Stubblechin
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Rogue
Background: Criminal
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Halfling

Personality Trait:
Thieving is done entirely out of necessity. It's not something he was born to do, but adapted when circumstances dictated that that it was needed.

Ideals:
Preservation of life -- will not take a life in the name of anger, even if the cause may seem just. Hesitant to take one even in need. Will let others do so when possible.

Bonds
: Carpenter's Tools from my life before. Taken from a dead man, in order to remind him of what he had done, never to forget.

Flaws:
  • Fear of getting caught
  • Further fear that I sunconciously desire to get caught for my past deeds (hesitance in dire circumstances)

Trinket: (random: 68) - A one-inch cube, each side painted a different colour.

AC: 14 (11+3)
HP: 8/8 (Hit Dice: 1d8+0)

ABILITIES
Strength: 9 (-1)
Dexterity: 16(+3) **
Constitution: 10(+0)
Intelligence: 12(+1)
Wisdom: 10(+0)
Charisma: 15(+2) *
[*+1 from race, **+2 from race]
Initiative: +3

CLASS FEATURES
Expertise: (2x prof. in 2 skills)
Sneak Attack: +1d6 with advantage vs. target. No friendly within 5 feet.
Thieves' Code: Knowledge of thief dialect, code, and jargon.

RACIAL TRAITS
Lucky: Reroll 1's on attack roll, ability roll, and saving throws. (Must keep reroll)
Brave: Advantage vs. Frightened Saving Throw
Nimbleness: Can move through larger creatures

SKILLS
CLASS SKILLS
Deception: +6 (Cha) *
Acrobatics: +5 (Dex)
Sleight of Hand: +5 (Dex)
Stealth: +7 (Dex) *
* x2 Proficiency from Expertise Class Feature

BACKGROUND SKILLS
Intimidation: +4 (Cha)
Athletics: +1 (Str)

PROFICIENCIES
Light Armor, Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Longsword, Shortsword, Rapier, Thieves' Tools

EQUIPMENT
ARMOR
Leather Armor (11 AC +3 (Dex))

WEAPONS
Rapier +3 Attack, 1d8 + 3 damage, Type: Piercing
Shortbow +3 Attack, 1d6 + 3 damage, Type: Piercing Ammo: 20 arrows
Dagger +3 Attack, 1d4 + 3 damage, Type: Piercing (quantity: two)

GENERAL ITEMS
Thieves' Tools
Dragon Chess Set
Carpenter's Tools (Replaces Background Second Thieves' Tools)

Burglar's Pack:
  • Backpack
  • Bag of 1000 Ball Bearings
  • 10 feet of string
  • a bell
  • 5 candles
  • a crowbar
  • a hammer
  • 10 pitons
  • hooded lantern
  • 2 flasks of oil
  • 5/days rations
  • tinderbox
  • waterskin
  • 50 feet hempen rope (attached to side)

That should be complete, or somewhere close to it. Let me know if there is anything problematic. I wasn't sure if I should put all of my background type stuff, or keep it a secret from the other PCs.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer

That should be complete, or somewhere close to it. Let me know if there is anything problematic. I wasn't sure if I should put all of my background type stuff, or keep it a secret from the other PCs.

First go-over looks good, background stuff is fine to post here (i'm sure everyone can separate PC knowledge from player Knowledge). I didn't see Personality trait, ideals, bonds, or flaws in your post. If you haven't chosen those or, for some reason, didn't post them, please add at your convenience.

Remove ads