Ashes, all OOC

PierceSG

First Post
For what it's worth, all but one of them were in the house. But there was a sentry on the roof that spotted you and alerted the ones in the house.
It would have been virtually impossible for you to sneak up on them unless the sentry missed you guys and, with their perception checks, that wasn't going to last long.
:/

Hey, no worries.

Just that, from the map and the placement of the mobs, they are right out in the middle of nowhere it seems. So I was wondering why we didn't see them coming. Haha. And I have no doubt I will be seen. I mean, I'm a guy trying to sneak in a chain mail and a greatsword. Not very subtle.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hey! I've just posted IC. Combat! woo!

I'm fine with the dm doing the rolls, or us doing our own (as I did there). Linking to Invisible Castle is really pretty straightforward:

you go here: <http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/>

enter your character name and the roll you want, and then hit return. The roll comes up, and you can cut-and-paste the URL into a post here (or link it using the "link" button, up there in the second row, to the right of the little envelope). It's about a minute's work per roll.

You can roll both to-hit and damage at the same time by separating the rolls with a semicolon but not a space, e.g.: 1d20+5;1d6+3 and then post both results (in this sample: to hit 16, 6 damage if a hit)

For Advantage, you can do the same thing, separating the same roll with a semicolon ("1d20+1;1d20+1"), and just declare the result, thus: 1d20+1 (adv) =15, or (same roll) 1d20+1 (dis) = 4.

(you can do the same thing by just asking for two rolls (like this), and there are other ways around it, but for simplicity, that's really the only technique you need, if people want to roll themselves.

(you can also see the urls list three successive numbers, showing the order I made the rolls, and also that no one else is playing games right now!)

Hope this helps!

(For those concerned about cheating, it's really easy to catch people who roll multiple times (there are stable urls that increase numerically, and so you can see all the previous rolls, and also the time of the roll; suspicious rolls are really obvious. )

PierceSG

First Post
Hey! I've just posted IC. Combat! woo!

I'm fine with the dm doing the rolls, or us doing our own (as I did there). Linking to Invisible Castle is really pretty straightforward:

you go here: <http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/>

enter your character name and the roll you want, and then hit return. The roll comes up, and you can cut-and-paste the URL into a post here (or link it using the "link" button, up there in the second row, to the right of the little envelope). It's about a minute's work per roll.

You can roll both to-hit and damage at the same time by separating the rolls with a semicolon but not a space, e.g.: 1d20+5;1d6+3 and then post both results (in this sample: to hit 16, 6 damage if a hit)

For Advantage, you can do the same thing, separating the same roll with a semicolon ("1d20+1;1d20+1"), and just declare the result, thus: 1d20+1 (adv) =15, or (same roll) 1d20+1 (dis) = 4.

(you can do the same thing by just asking for two rolls (like this), and there are other ways around it, but for simplicity, that's really the only technique you need, if people want to roll themselves.

(you can also see the urls list three successive numbers, showing the order I made the rolls, and also that no one else is playing games right now!)

Hope this helps!

(For those concerned about cheating, it's really easy to catch people who roll multiple times (there are stable urls that increase numerically, and so you can see all the previous rolls, and also the time of the roll; suspicious rolls are really obvious. )

Oh I do understand how to us IC. I used it back when I was playing Living 4E.

I prefer letting the GM roll for me is because there would be one less thing for the GM to keep track off, they wouldn't have to need to follow the link to see the result nor have to check the rolling history to see if I have been naughty or not. :p

Plus, I'm lazy. :D

mips42

Adventurer
You are correct, sir. My apologies. :( I would have sworn... Oh well. To err is human and all that.
[MENTION=901]Dream[/MENTION]66 Bree is up again.

Remove ads