[July] What are you watching?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I've seen a pile of movies over the last month or three but have yet to see the new Apes offering. It's on the short list.

I've enjoyed them all of the movies I have seen on the big screen so far this blockbuster season, for the most part. One of the benefits of seeing the cheap matinee with a connected pizza place who runs a special on the same day ($5 movie with free popcorn plus $5 pizza) is that you can only be disappointed to a limited degree.

Maleficent 3D was my favorite of what I saw but Edge of Tomorrow 3D was very good, IMO. I liked it more than most people and liked seeing the so-called Groundhog Day conceit used in a new way. Godzilla 3D could have picked up the pace and X-Men 3D was good but needed more focus, or maybe a different focus. I'm still not quite sure why the movie didn't gel for me.

I even enjoyed most of A Million Ways to Die in the Old West. I didn't see Ted and have only watched a bit of Family Guy, so I understood that Seth MacFarlane can be edgy, but really what impressed me most was the overall casting, pacing of the script, and the unpredictability brought to a familiar series of tropes. I am also appreciative that he brought back Cosmos, so I wanted to throw some box office support his way. Sadly, the news breaking even as I type this is not good for Seth MacFarlane -

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/set...charlie-the-abusive-teddy-universal-pictures/

At home- Walking Dead season II

At the theater- X-Men, Maleficiant, Godzilla and captain America. Still hoping to see Planet of the Apes but uncertain as the cost of movies as a family is high. Guardians of the galaxy are a must see.

Remove ads