One Thousand Pre-Generated Basic Characters

Roger

First Post
Who rolls up a thousand Basic characters? This guy.

Go ahead, take a look.

Could be used for:

- Actual pre-gens: get your players off to a quick start by rolling d1000 for a character. They'll want to roll low.

- Hirelings and assorted NPCs: not a bad place to start if the party wants to hire some extra muscle. Roll 900+1d100 if the town is full of riff-raff.

- Whatever other abuses a big random table might enjoy.

In the way of preview, here's #2:

Diesa Torunn, Dwarf (Mountain) Fighter (Defense); S20 D14 C18 I14 W15 C15; 14 hp; Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception; Dice, Vehicles (Land); Common, Dwarvish; chain mail, shield, shortsword, handaxe, handaxe, explorer's pack, insignia of rank, trophy, playing card set, common clothes, belt pouch, t36, 10 gp; ex-Soldier (Officer); T:erronously sesquipedalian, unflinching; I:honor; B:hapless defender; F:tyrant hunted.

She's about the strongest dwarf on the planet, and probably better than you at everything else too. So why did she leave the army, and why is a tyrant trying to track her down? Anyway, hope she's on your side.

In the middle of the pack, at #501:

Meriele Amastacia, Elf (High) Rogue; S9 D19 C11 I16 W11 C11; 8 hp; Acrobatics, Arcana, Athletics, History, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion; Thieves' Tools; Common, Elvish, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Thieves' Cant; mage hand; shortsword, shortbow, 20 arrows, burglar's pack, leather armor, dagger, dagger, thieves' tools, bottle of black ink, quill, small knife, letter from dead colleague, common clothes, belt pouch, t81, 10 gp; ex-Sage (Wizards Apprentice); T:reserved, secret hoarder; I:faith; B:tool carrier; F:innocent condemner.

Private detective and crime-fighter. She's the Bat-Man with a mage hand.

But not everyone is so gifted...

Quarion Siannodel, Elf (Wood) Fighter (Defense); S11 D7 C9 I6 W10 C9; 9 hp; Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Survival; Dragonchess, Vehicles (Land); Common, Elvish; chain mail, shield, rapier, light crossbow, 20 bolts, explorer's pack, insignia of rank, trophy, dice set, common clothes, belt pouch, t53, 10 gp; ex-Soldier (Healer); T:sesquipedalian, bored; I:live and let live; B:ally defender; F:law obeyer.

Clumsier, sicker, more annoying, and much dumber than the average elf on the street. Less of an army 'healer' and more of a corpse-disposer. Still, if he's the only guy available for hire, I guess he could carry a torch or something.

Cheers,
Roger

Roger

First Post
Someone asked me what the most common stat array from rolling best-3-of-4d6 is; turns out it is: 15,14,13,12,11,10. Which is 30 points under the standard point buy.

Cheers,
Roger

Roger

First Post
Based on some good suggestions, I've updated my document containing the thousand pre-generated Basic characters to add several indices.

You could find a random character who is:

* a dwarf
* a hill dwarf
* a hill dwarf fighter
* a hill dwarf fighter specializing in Great Weapon

…and so forth.

Here's a link to the newest version.

Cheers,
Roger

Remove ads