[LPF] The Road to Tritower

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John's dreams continue, but this time in an aural nature. As the beams of rainbow light pierce his existence, they begin to dance around. They move in tempo and with the perfect rhythm of an amalgam of all of the songs he remembers from childhood. If one could see his unconscious body, they would see a smile on his sleeping face.
[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Silence. Absolute silence envelops the essence of the poor knocked out halfling.

Crickets.

Aura

Explorer
Brandon casts another spell, and it springs to life, filling his mind with positive detection as he works to focus it down into something usable. To his left (his tent flap was facing the fire, as he remembers) he hears some sort of motion.

Karra bumps into the mules and uses a little feeling around to be able to tell heads from tails, and steps out of the darkness, riling them up a bit in the process but luckily no kicking or biting results. The worst thing that happened was a rather heavy snort in her ear. She immediately spots Anzaldo, who has moved in to try and calm them from some unseen agitation. He pats Betsy on the back and whispers soothing words, his other arm dangling due to his seeping wound.

Despite the mules' noise, Karra things she hears movement to the northeast--right through the darkness.

[sblock=Combat]No new attacks or damage is noticed. Anzaldo is noticeably wounded from his initial run-in with an enemy, but it appears to be the same wound.

Your actions. Please remember to include your character stat blocks--you're making me go look things up the hard way. :(

PS: Oops, I didn't see Brandon clarified his action on Friday, so I waited a couple extra days unnecessarily. To my unconscious players, apologies, the waiting is worst for you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Map] roadcurr.jpg[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Anzaldo are you okay? That wound looks nasty. Someone. Hmm...." She stops for a split second mid sentence "With that I mean not me, as I am not capable of that, should look after that wound."

Karra starts murmuring and doing some hand gestures. Then a rune manifests itself on Anzaldo's healthy arm.

"I cast that mark on your arm so that Brandon could find you. Hope he is alive. Oh and the mark just vanishes over time.... eventually."

[sblock="action"]cast arcane mark on Anzaldo as a rune for his name.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
[-]Color Spray[/-], Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

From the blackness, Francis imagines a million and one twinkling stars in the sky, a million and one miles away. Slowly, the begin accelerating towards his hapless body. In an instant singularity is reached as the all come crashing down around him with the violence of a million and one suns.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

There was a buzzing sound in Leira's ear as she looked out over the plains sitting cross legged. She looked about but couldn't see the source. The buzzing grew louder, more insistent. The sky grew dark, and darker still as a cloud of locusts descended from the sky. Leira ran as fast as her legs could carry her, swatting locuts from her clothes, but the swarm over took her as she dove behind some boulders for cover. As the swarm began to strip flesh from bone, she mercifully blacked out.

[sblock=ooc]
waiting isn't so bad, I'm just rooting for our team!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:19 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Current Weapon in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed)
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed)
Current Conditions in Effect: Asleep
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon continues to concentrate on his detection.[sblock=Brandon Mini Stats]Brandon
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: -2
CMD: 10

Fort: +2 +1
Reflex: +2 +1
Will: +3 +1

Perception: +1
Sense Motive: +6

Initiative: +8

Level 1 spells remaining: 3/4
Elemental rays remaining: 7/7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect:
-Anna's spell (+1 to saving throws)
-Light spell (smothered by Darkness)
-Detect Magic (60-ft cone, 1 minute)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Silence falls across the darkened battlefield, with Brandon and Karra diligently sensing for their enemies. However, no magic nor natural senses locate any attacker. Mere moments later, the darkness virtually dissolves into starlight and the natural sounds of the nearby forest to the east become more apparent. Anzaldo gasps in pain as the post-battle adrenaline rush wears off and the seriousness of his wound is felt, but says nothing to break up the odd serenity of the scene.

Surveying the scene, two things become apparent: First, there is a prone form about 15 feet southeast of the campfire location. And second, the alchemical remedies, carried on one of the mules during the day, is obviously missing.

[sblock=Post-Combat]The prone form is neither a player character nor any friendly NPC. Anna and Francis are basically in the same location as where they started: right at their bedrolls. Leira is a little northeast of the campfire. All three are still unconscious. Although we are not round by round, the clock is ticking in how you conduct yourselves and I will be marking off time as you take actions.

Speaking of which, Leira and Francis each get another saving throw vs the sleep poison, DC 13, to break the effect. (Leira's actually happens first--right as the darkness fades, and Francis' two rounds later.) And, your damage accrued is:
Leira: 3 hp (one dart)
Karra: 3 hp (one melee stab)
Francis: 1 hp (one dart)
Anzaldo: 6 hp (one melee stab)
Anna: 7 hp (two darts)

It's your actions.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon is less than pleased as he comes out to assess the damage. Though he is somewhat relieved that Anna is still here, he is still frustrated at all the casualties. "This is such a disaster...I don't even know where to start!".

After noticing the "lightened mule, his frustration moves to anger. "For the love of...this is one disaster after another!". He frantically searches for any clues around the mule.

[sblock=ooc]I use Perception to search for something, right?[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Seeing the others lay on the ground, Karra rushes to Anna, hoping she is just unconscious. Arriving there, she tries to wake her up so that she may help take care of the wounded Anzaldo.

Remove ads