[LPF] The Road to Tritower

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon looks confused as Anton stares at him.

"What is it? Do I have soup dripping down my face?"

After a short moment, he seems to realize what the guardsman means to say.

"I said I only had two questions, didn't I? I have nothing more to ask."

He then resumes sipping his soup.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira looks blankly between Brandon and Anton, clearly not understanding the standoff between the two men. "Am...Am I missing something? I know I don't get a lot of things sometimes."

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira. . . . . . . . . . . . .Anton Torelli

[section]"In a manner of speaking," Anton replies to Leira, as he reaches into his pouch and comes up with a gold crown. He places the coin in the priestess' outstretched hand. Without so much as looking at it, or at him, Anna runs her thumb over the coin, smiles, and ferrets it away for future use.

As if nothing had happened, the elder guard concludes, "Tomorrow morning, one hour after dawn, Galin, Anzaldo and the two mules will be waiting for the four of you at the Cathedral of Glass." With that, he stands and heads for the door.

"Where are you going?" Anna asks, before he can make it out of the room.

Without turning, Anton curtly explains, "First, to pay up. Then, home. The new rules are now in force." With that, he steps out of the room.[/section]

Marla the Barmaid
[section]The barmaid comes into the room only moments later, commenting on the untouched place setting with the bowl of chicken soup still full, "I guess he wasn't hungry. Good tipper, though. More drinks?"[/section]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon shakes his head at Marla's question.

"Actually, I will be turning in for the night. Also, you were right about the soup. It was quite good"

Before he leaves to negotiate his lodgings, he turns to the rest of the group and says :

"I will be seeing the rest of you at the meeting point. With that, I bid you good night."

With those words, he leaves the back room.

[sblock=ooc]Do I need to RP in the Dunn Wright Inn or am I asleep now?[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"Good night then Brandon, I'm going to finish my wine then head to my room. I'll see you in the morning. Good to meet all of you."

Leira takes one last drink of her wine, and turns to Anna.

"I hope we aren't too hard on you. I mean you seem nice and all."

She gets up, and grabs her gear that was haphazardly strewn next to her, and goes to work out lodging for the night.

Lindeloef

First Post
"I will retreat too then. Have a good night and see you in the morrow." Karra leaves to room. Outside she tries to catch Brandon for a talk.

[sblock="ooc"] [MENTION=99102]epicbob[/MENTION] hope to catch Brandon for a talk to speak about some magic stuff ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

As Brandon hears what seem to be determined footsteps behind him, he turns his head and notices Karra heading directly towards him.

After turning around to better face her, he asks : "Can I help you with something?"

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
"Ah yes. It seems that you are too a magical person. Though I don't know if you need to prepare your spells as I do. Maybe we should have a talk and coordinate our spells. There surly are some spells that both of us could cast but aren't useful if both of us would do it." Karra explains.

[sblock="ooc"]
for example I am not sure if we both need to have detect magic, so I would prepare something else.

(btw this is my first time PF/3.x caster that I play and my 2nd PF/3.x at all, so if you have any good recommendations, I am all ears ;)
[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

"My method of casting spells could be best described as...spontaneous."

Brandon thinks for a moment before speaking.

"So far, I have been able to create about five major effects. One of them allows me to provide a marginal increase of physical and mental resistances."

"The next one allows me to sense the presence of magic within about twenty steps from where I stand."

"After that, I can make objects shine with a bright light."

"Then, I can create a field of force around someone's body, much like a suit of armor."

"Finally, I can conjure a mass of slippery jelly. I personally like this one."

Brandon says that last sentence with a smirk.

"I also have a minor ability that allows me to shape magic energies into whatever I desire. Nothing that will shatter the world but it has its uses."

[sblock=ooc]@Lindeloef Basically, I know Resistance, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor and Grease. From what I can see of your known spells on your Wiki page, I would definitely suggest Enlarge Person. Leira can certainly take advantage of the spell's perks.

Besides that, Color Spray looks pretty powerful if you can deal with the short range. Obscuring Mist has more range but it doesn't directly affect creatures. True Strike can be powerful but mostly as a Scroll or Wand, so that you can cast it at will. Shocking Grasp doesn't look particularly impressive, however. Your weapons deal more damage and you can use them at will.

Besides that, I haven't used the other spells a lot, as I'm a little green myself. I looked up guides and such but I've only played one session with a Sorcerer. That was back in 3.5e.[/sblock]

Remove ads