[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira. . . . . . . . . . . . .Galin
Galin lifts his hand, about to interject something into the noticeably loud striking of Anna's staff against the street, when the priestess stops abruptly. Anna huffs and rests on the staff, explaining, "I have a lot of difficulty when I get a few blocks away from the Cathedral. I just don't have an extensive mental image of the further out districts, yet. So yes, if anyone would take care of the navigation, so much the better, as far as I'm concerned."

"I can, if nobody else thinks they can do it," Galin suggests, speaking for the first time since you've met.

[sblock=Anton]Anton was the guard who participated in the hiring scene. Galin is one of his underlings.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon looks thoughtful for a moment.

After letting the thought stir in his mind, he says : "Basically, we're simply heading east, right? I can try my hand at leading us out of the city."

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Happy to be heading in the right direction finally, Leira whistles a tune she learned as a child off key. "I'll admit, I got lost trying to find the Dunn Wright Inn. I must have spent half the morning trying to navigate the city. That's what happens when you grow up in the country I suppose."

Aura

Explorer
Galin
After a short exchange between the others, the junior guard asserts, "I'll lead us out of Venza, then. Simpler that way." With that, Galin steps to the front. Anna holds out her hand to him as he approaches, but he notably avoids her, instead saying, "This way." With that, he starts threading the group out of the city.

[sblock=Planning vs The Herd of Cats]Unless I am told otherwise (like with the establishment of a 'marching order' or such) I will assume characters to be either (a) towards the front or back according to some role-play description of what they are doing or (b) rather randomly located within a small area. For example, if we had a city encounter before you got outside of Venza, and nobody specified anything, Galin would be in front, and the rest of you, randomly located a reasonable distance, say 5 to 15 feet behind him.

Same thing goes for how you wish to array your camp. If you are specific, that will be the default, otherwise I start making things up myself. :) As for setting watches while camping, the default assumption is you didn't, unless you tell me you did. So take the opportunity to plan out your 'SOP' (standard operating procedure) if you do not wish to leave elements to chance.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira
The young priestess sighs a bit then starts walking like the rest of you. (Well, excepting the fact she has to keep feeling out the land in front of her.) After a short while, she pipes up, "Perhaps we should stop by somewhere to grab a bite to eat to start us off right. Pastry and fruit, anyone? This one's on me… or Anton, if you prefer to think of it that way." She chuckles good-naturedly.

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

While Brandon seems torn, he nonetheless says : "While your offer sounds tempting, I believe that we should get underway. Our problems at getting oriented has already cost us precious time."

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Sighing inwardly at the prospect of passing up some pastry, Leira nods along with Brandon, "I agree Lady Anna, we must keep our focus. We can enjoy some fruits later."

Aura

Explorer
Anzaldo
"Whaaaaaa?" the old mule driver blurts out from behind, "You're passin' on fruit and pastries? 'Cause we're in a hurry? Pffft." Shaking his head, he thinks a moment and speaks up again, "I know just tha place! Little gnome shop on one of the main roads out. We go in, take the stuff out with us… takes just a couple minutes! An I'll take one of the unwanted servings and," suddenly pointing at Karra, "You can have the udder! Deal?" He finishes with a really pleased look on his face.

One of the mules snort. "An you gets nuttin," the old man retorts, as if the beast understood anything that was going on.

[sblock=OOC]'Stopping For Pastries' is the code phrase for picking up one more player before we depart, Francis John. Just so you don't feel like I'm inundating you with too many niggly details, there is a purpose to it. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~
The bushy-haired halfling wakes up bright and early, and makes his way over to Sugar and Spice, the bakery in the Báyanmaliít section of outer Venza. His thoughts usually do a terrible job of keeping him occupied, and this morning is no different. Despite his warning from Anna, he takes a peek into the pastry shop, to see what all of the hullaballoo is about. Waiting is clearly not his forte.

[sblock=OOC: Two questions]1. What would the penalty be for drinking too much?
2. Can I add a small pipe and some pipeweed to my character? (that he brought from his hometown) It wouldn't be for any in game benefits, jsut small roleplaying.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads