[LPF] The Road to Tritower

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

As Anzaldo explains the concept, Brandon slowly nods in agreement.

"If it's as quick and simple as you make it sound, then I don't see why not. I could always go for an apple of two."

[sblock=ooc]I thought that Aura was just roleplaying Anna as capricious.:) I just played catch-up with the Dunn Wright Inn topic so that things make sense.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira
"Anzaldo!" the Cortesian priestess chastises, "You're not getting any more than anyone else, unless they decide to give it to you." The old man huffs, although it is not clear if it was from being dressed down or the perceived loss of extra sweets.

Addressing the group at large, Anna continues, "In any case, I was thinking of the Sugar and Spice bakery, which just so happens to be owned by a gnome, and on a major road. Could be the same place Anzaldo is thinking. It's the best little bakery I know of, and I know of several that sell pastries."

A short time later, with Galin threading the group through town, you find yourselves in Báyanmaliít, the ethnic district of Venza. Also known as Badger and Cog, a vast majority of Venza's gnomes and halflings live here. The buildings are quite colorful, and there is a definite taste for tapering towers or spires in the construction.

As promised, the Sugar and Spice bakery comes up a short while later. It looks warm and inviting enough, with wonderful aromas wafting from the ovens inside. However, if you stand over 3'6", you have to enjoy them from the outside--although many buildings in the ethnic district allow for about anyone to enter with ease, this is not one of them. Instead, there is a window on the side labeled 'Big Folks Order Here'. With a little tapping around, Anna locates the window and proceeds to place her order after exchanging pleasantries with the matronly gnome on the other side.

"It will be just a couple minutes while they gather our order," Anna tells the group.

[sblock=Introducing a New PC]Welcome Francis John, a quick addition to the group before we head out on our adventure. Feel free to greet/interact with him as soon as he makes his presence known.[/sblock]

[sblock=epicbob]Let's just say I was killing two birds with one stone: character portrayal and introduction of a new PC. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=FrancisJohn]To answer your questions:
(1) Since you made your first fort save, and passed on drinking more of Grog's brew before getting to the second, you're not under any mechanical penalties. However, if you wish to portray yourself a little tired or hung over, feel free to do what feels right to you.
(2) I could not find any specific or equivalent entry for smoking gear. Feel free to assume you have it as long as it conveys no mechanical effects.
(3) The inside of the bakery is pretty busy, but casual observation doesn't reveal anything dangerous about it. It's just small.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~
In front of the bakery, on the curb of the cobbled road, sits a halfling. He is quite taken in by his less than healthy breakfast, which happens to be none other than the infamous Sugared Banshee Bites! When the halfling arrived this morning, he was surely surprised at the availability of this delicacy, as it is a local favorite in the southwest of the baronies. What is a Banshee Bite you ask? Well, you start with tiny peppers of assorted colors, you deep fry them up in some buttery bread crumbs, and cover them with as much powdered sugar as the crust will hold. This halfling is just finished licking his fingers of the remaining sugar, as he sees Anna finish placing her order.

With powdered sugar all over his face, and a bit in his tussled hair, he calls out to her, "Anna, Anna, Anna! Good morning! I truly must be witnessing some divine power as you have easily made the sun look like the moon in comparison to you. I see these will be our traveling partners?" As he makes rounds of proudly shaking everyone's hands as proper halfling etiquette dictates, he speaks to all of them, "Top of the day to all! Let me introduce myself." He gathers himself up to his full unimpressive height. "My name is Francis John the Third, Roustabout Extraordinaire." His sugar covered chin begins to itch, and he embarrassingly wipes the crumbs off his face. "Oh dearest me, pardon my manners. This first impression is simply ruined! Well I'll have to shoot for two out of three now won't I?" He coughs, clearing his throat. "Now if you give me the humblest honour of only your names, we can be friends forever and begin our wonderful journey." Francis beams with joy at meeting his new companions.

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon reflexively wipes his hand on his pants after shaking Francis' hand.

"I call myself Brandon. Brandon the Swift. Nice to meet you."

Looking at the Halfling curiously, he asks :

"So, If I may ask, what talents are you bringing to our er...merry little band?"

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Without missing a beat, the halfling nonchalantly starts to wave his hands and conduct an imaginary orchestra, "Why the merriment of course!"

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra chimes in: "Oh how lovely. You surely now some songs to keep us entertained on the travel with that lovely voice of yours, right? Hmm..." She stops for a brief moment "As long as it doesn't disturb the mules." and she looks worried over to Anzaldo.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
"I can't really hold a tune, but I sure can spin a good story. What's your name milady?" His excitement to meet everyone has yet to die down.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Shaking hands with the effervescent halfling, Leira introduces herself. "I'm Leira, Leira Olren. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir!"

[sblock=ooc]

We've been without power for days here at the house, and it's sucked. bleh :( sorry! So hello new person!

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[section]Anna Kallira
After the series of exchanges, Anna adds, "Francis… so good of you to make it. You were looking rather rough last night so I wasn't sure." She pauses, just a moment, as if in thought, then continues, "In any case, I see you've met just about everyone. Additionally, this is Galin, one of our temple guards. Galin, this is Francis, or, more formally, Francis John III.

For his part, Galin nods politely, acknowledging the halfling wordlessly.

Continuing the introductions, Anna gestures roughly in the direction of the mule driver. "And this is Anzaldo, he'll be running the mules, helping us with camp, and other things like that."[/section]

[section]Anzaldo
"Hah, nice to meet ya! We could be using 'nother target. Careful 'bout tat, coward bad guys like to go for the shorties first!" He laughs at his own mirth, then continues, "And dese two is Betsy an Johnna, both with nicely matchin' manners. Mean manners, tat is." The two mules almost look indignant over their driver's comment, or perhaps it is just imagination run wild.[/section]

"In any case," the priestess cuts in, "This means Galin won't have to be leaving his family. We now have the minimum four hires Anton originally required for this mission. Galin, That means you get to go home, instead!" She finishes with a bit of a celebratory tone in her voice.

[section]Galin
The guard looks over at Francis critically, then back at Priestess Anna, "Only if you are sure, Priestess. This is somewhat irregular and I'll have to explain my not going to Anton, who will of course be interested in this mysterious fourth hire." His eyes narrow a bit, "I assume this is the part where you tell me you're taking responsibility for the decision?"[/section]

Anna hesitates a moment and then replies glibly, "Of course. One way or another, it's all on me." She shrugs, golden locks shifting as she does.

[sblock=ooc]Yesterday was a bad day for me, but I see you all made good on the time. We'll get moving soon, I just didn't want to post too much back and forth npc jabber without a chance for your interjections.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases