I AM GROOT! (or I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Not bad. 7 out of 10.

The good:
Lots of great one liners.

The bad:
The flick feels like a big exposition.

Thanos:
Yup, he is in there. Is costume is rather ostentatious. Lots of gold, not a lot of purple. Not sure I agree with what they did to his face. Most powerful being in the galaxy? Interesting fight with Hulk to be seen.

Cosmo:
Yup, in there. He is a tromphy of the Collector until he is freed (by accident) by the GotG. I guess he could be a character in the next film and Knowhere could be a hub for the GotG. Maybe.

The Collector:
He gave us an exposition! And Tenebrous! Not much else. I wonder if he'll be back.

The Nova Corps:
What a let down. I would have expected Nova Prime to charge up as a last resort into a Nova (with the powers they have in the comics) to fight the Infinity Stone powered up Ronan. Maybe even deputise lots of people in the Galaxy by Novaing them up. Nope. They just have a costume (nice helm) and some ships. Boooo!

Gamora:
Confused background and motivations. Deadliest woman in the galaxy? I laugh at thee.

Batista the Wrestler:
Some good lines, was dumb like one version of Drax... Good casting, I guess.

Rocket:
Better than any of you haters would have thought he would be!

Groot:
I am groot.

Star-Lord:
Predictable origin story (mommy was dying and she gave me another mix tap for the 2nd film! You have to go WTF when the Novas tell him he is half alien (ancient race that makes Glenn Close wet) and he just goes meh.

The visual:
Yeah, it s good. What di you expect from a Disney film withn a 170 million $ budget? You're lame to have doubted the quality of the visuals. The actions scenes are good too.

The music:
It is a character of the movie. They mostly avoid the orchestra that tell us how to feel, except when Gamora talks about he youth with Thanos. /roll eyes

The post credite scene:
There wasn't any! Marvel sux, I'll never one of their films again!

Last edited:

Werebat

Explorer
I have a question for those who have seen the movie.

Was Vin Diesel's acting in this film BETTER or WORSE than his acting in The Iron Giant? Because I thought TIG featured some of his finest work.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I have a question for those who have seen the movie.

Was Vin Diesel's acting in this film BETTER or WORSE than his acting in The Iron Giant? Because I thought TIG featured some of his finest work.
He still managed to fumble the role. Groot has only one line, like Hodor, and he put pressure on the writers to get it changed once to show is talent as an actor.

Groot sacrifice himself to protect the rest of the crew and he says "We are Groot" instead of I am Groot.
That man's ego is unquenchable.

He still managed to fumble the role. Groot has only one line, like Hodor, and he put pressure on the writers to get it changed once to show is talent as an actor.

Groot sacrifice himself to protect the rest of the crew and he says "We are Groot" instead of I am Groot.
You've spoiled the entire movie, you jerk!!! shakefist.gif

Well just got back from the movie and it was really good. Vin Diesel's voice work was top notch, it may have been one line but it's all in the tone and inflection that seals it. As for the end credits
Unless you know the 30 or so year old reference you wont get it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

did they do the sprout or is the next movie The Search for Groot?

Remove ads