D&D 5E Unique character builds

Xodis

First Post
We have seen plenty about the Dwarven "Battle Caster" as I like to call him, anyone else see any unique builds of characters that look interesting or that you just want to build and hope you can without too many houserules?

Personally after checking out the 5eB, I think making a Final Fantasy Style Dragoon can be easily done. Fighter class, Polearm weapon, Champion Subclass, profieciency in Athletics, Remarkable Athlete should help make any Jump checks coupled with Inspiration for some very flashy attacks.

Evenglare

Adventurer
We have seen plenty about the Dwarven "Battle Caster" as I like to call him, anyone else see any unique builds of characters that look interesting or that you just want to build and hope you can without too many houserules?

Personally after checking out the 5eB, I think making a Final Fantasy Style Dragoon can be easily done. Fighter class, Polearm weapon, Champion Subclass, profieciency in Athletics, Remarkable Athlete should help make any Jump checks coupled with Inspiration for some very flashy attacks.

I'd say multiclassing with sorcerer if you wanna be like freya with the dragon abilities from FFIX as well.

Xodis

First Post
I'd say multiclassing with sorcerer if you wanna be like freya with the dragon abilities from FFIX as well.

Thats a great idea, but I usually stick with Kain from FFIV lol.

Really excited to see what fun I can have with the Ranger class as well.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Thats a great idea, but I usually stick with Kain from FFIV lol.

Really excited to see what fun I can have with the Ranger class as well.

Yeah, can't go wrong with classic Kain, Ranger class would be cool to get a wyvern companion ala FFXI.

Xodis

First Post
Planning on having a lot of fun with the Eldritch Knight subclass too, not just for FF characters, but may be able to recreate the Arcane Archer, or (with the DMG on guns) Make a Pirate/Gunmage like I built for an IKRPG game. Although a Rogue:Thief/Sorcerer might be just as cool for it.

kerleth

Explorer
I have wanted to do this one since the last open playtest, and I should have a player's handbook in about a week. Jaguar, the Dex based barbarian two-weapon warrior (animal totem subclass). Stalking enemies with a longbow and fighting in melee with a pair of knives (shortswords or daggers) feels very badarse savage warrior to me. He'll focus a lot more on the canny hunter archetype rather than the krog smash one. Probably with a splash of fighter and maybe rogue to help round out the character. (two weapon fighting style to boost low level damage and show skills he picked up as an enforcer when forced to find work in so called "civilized" lands, and the sneak attack helps with the stalking hunter feel).

Remove ads