Ashes, all [closed]

Neikron

Explorer
Penton looks over to Ashern. "I do agree. In my experience, we ought expect the worse. I hope, though, that it's nothing." Penton nervously handles the hilt of his rapier while eying the tips of the dense fields. "I would like to scout the perimeter through the tall fields. I can carefully make my way through the wheat and corn fields around the farmhouse. If someone would like to accompany me, too, that is fine. I just believe we ought play this smart. Just nod and I'll be on my way to gather what information I can." Having said his piece, Penton leans on the wagon, confident for the nod.

PierceSG

First Post
Penton looks over to Ashern. "I do agree. In my experience, we ought expect the worse. I hope, though, that it's nothing." Penton nervously handles the hilt of his rapier while eying the tips of the dense fields. "I would like to scout the perimeter through the tall fields. I can carefully make my way through the wheat and corn fields around the farmhouse. If someone would like to accompany me, too, that is fine. I just believe we ought play this smart. Just nod and I'll be on my way to gather what information I can." Having said his piece, Penton leans on the wagon, confident for the nod.

"Okay, I do not make the most subtle presence so I would rather stay behind. But if anything happens, for better or worse, I will do my best to go to your aid.", said Ashurn as he crouches down and tries his best to hide behind the tall wheat.

OOC:
To GM: Ashurn would try his best to hide behind cover, far enough from the house and/or barn. But if Penton gets detected or anyone gets seen by any hostiles, Ashurn will do his best to move to the nearest possible target with a normal move action followed by a charge if possible. Will prioritise ranged attackers over melee if both are in range, otherwise he will try to keep the melee hostiles engaged.
As for rolls, it would be much appreciated if you would roll for me. It'll expedite the process. :)

dream66_

First Post
Bree moves from the cart, cautiously toward the house, she keeps her hand on the hilt of her sword "Don't do anything rash" she says to the others.

"Kremen, Kremen Yesley!" she shouts.

"I am Hand Bree Windrivver from Harons' Hallow, There's danger in these parts, are you there?"

mips42

Adventurer
There is a whistle and sharp *thunk* as a long-shafted arrow buries itself into the side of the wagon between Lester and Bree.
You hear a gravelly voice say 'ye'd be wise ter tell that little one to stay out my crops.'
Only then do you spot a withered but spry man of about 50 holding a bow nearly as tall as him about a hundred feet away. You can also see about a dozen more arrows stuck into the ground in front of him.
'Ye can tell mister Evendur he can have my land once I'm dead, and I plan on livin another hennert years!'

Neikron

Explorer
Penton's eyes nearly bulge out of his head, shocked at the sudden incoming arrow. "Ya could have run me through with that... Evendur, kind as he is, had us come check on you. We're not here to take your damned land. We came here to help, so by the gods, put down that damned bow and let us talk like civilized folk," Penton proposed to the old man, holding his position; his hand on his rapier's hilt, in case things went in another direction.

GM:
I want to make clear that I am being very assertive here, so let me know if I should make a [Possibly Cha: Intimidate?] check here.

mips42

Adventurer
Penton's eyes nearly bulge out of his head, shocked at the sudden incoming arrow. "Ya could have run me through with that... Evendur, kind as he is, had us come check on you. We're not here to take your damned land. We came here to help, so by the gods, put down that damned bow and let us talk like civilized folk," Penton proposed to the old man, holding his position; his hand on his rapier's hilt, in case things went in another direction.

GM:
I want to make clear that I am being very assertive here, so let me know if I should make a [Possibly Cha: Intimidate?] check here.

You hear a raucous cackle. 'If I'd wanted to shoot ya, I'da done'er!'
Penton:
Yes, that would be the appropriate check for what you're trying to do.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron is impressed with Penton's challenge, and watches the old human to see how it plays out. He is ready to act if the man reaches for another arrow.

Remove ads