Preperation suggestions

Just had some delicious, fresh mangoes. My girlfriend works in a clinic, and she has clients that like to bring her gifts. This being Florida, you can find mango trees in backyards everywhere. Seriously, I've been walking down a sidewalk and walked passed a house with a mango tree in the yard with a branch that has several mangoes hanging over the sidewalk. You could just grab one as you walk by, as I have.:p
But in any case, a lot of the people she sees bring her mangoes, among other fruits they have in their yards. So I had mangoes that were picked like two days ago. We have a basket of about 10 mangoes, and I'm sure she'll end up getting more this week. The best part is that they bring her a wide variety of mangoes.

Anyways, we have a lot of mangoes at the moment. So, any suggestions on how I could prepare them? I'd like to try something different with them.

Elf Witch

First Post
I have a mango tree in my yard. I make mango bread or muffins, mango smoothies I even made mango ice cream. Mango salsa is great. I also cut some up and store them in the freezer.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mango juice is often a part of some of my local restaurants' multiple-fruit juice concoctions.

A mango purée with some kind of hot pepper- red chile, jalepeños, serranos, habaneros, etc.- partnered with cream cheese on a cracker can make for a nifty snack. You could also add a sliver of a tasty meat, like a sliver of bacon or some kind of sausage- pork or poultry would be best. For an added trick, you might add some pan-seared ginger and or garlic to the purée, but not much.

Flipping that inside out, you could stuff a larger pepper- bell, poblano, Anaheim, etc.- with a similar mix of ingredients, and give it a quick roast.

I was thinking of making some kind of mango salsa. The ice cream idea was also something I thought of doing. However, the mango bread idea sounds really tasty.i may just have to try that one first.

Elf Witch

First Post
I was thinking of making some kind of mango salsa. The ice cream idea was also something I thought of doing. However, the mango bread idea sounds really tasty.i may just have to try that one first.

If you like the scent of mango you will love how it will make your house smell. I love the way it smells my son on the other hand hates it and we have an agreement I will only bake it when he is not home and I have to bake something that he think smells good. I have theory he may not hate it as much as he claims and that it is way of getting me to bake chocolate chip cookies. :)

Remove ads