+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 97
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 12:59 AM #1
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Chicago Gameday 39 is Sept 13th at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL
Chicago Gameday 39 is Sept 13th, 2014
- Chicago Gameday 39 is a day of FREE RPG gaming. You can learn more about Chicago Gameday by viewing our FAQ page.
- Feel free to like our Facebook page to stay abreast of announcements and future Chicago Gamedays.
Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.
Sept 13th, 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We invite you to join us at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast at Le Peep.
EventsMorning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Translucent University, Nev the Deranged
- DCC RPG, Reidzilla (private room)
- Ghostbusters, TracerBullet42
- Urban Shadows, Genevieve80
- Myth & Magic, BRG
- Medieval Fantasy Miniatures Wargame, Mark CMG
- Marvel Heroic, Vyvyan Basterd
Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Supernatural, Ninjacat
- FAE, DainXB
- Feng Shui, Trevalon Moonleirion
- Myth & Magic, BRG
- Monster of the Week, JoeBeason
- AD&D 1e, Mark CMG (private room)
- Time Cellist, meganjank
- willowx (pending)
- Mark CMG
How Do I Sign Up?Please note: Player registration begins on Sept 2nd, 2014 at 7pm.
- Create an account with Warhorn.net, if you have not done so already.
- Once you have an account set up, register for Gameday 39 on its Warhorn page.
- Once registered, view the event schedule and click the Play button for any events in which you'd like to play. This will reserve you a seat in those events.
- Once you've signed up for events you can log in an view your personal schedule at any time.
How to Run an Event For UsIf you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.
1. Post your event description in this thread
Your event description must include the following:
- Time: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
- Game system: e.g., "D&D 4e";
- Event Title: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
- Description: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
- An image: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
- Content Rating: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
- Number of Players: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
- Table Preference: If you need a specific table or want to reserve the private room, say so in your post below. However, please be aware that table assignments may be adjusted depending on the size of your event. View a map of the Games Plus play area
2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.
How to Be a Great Gameday GMYou should create a safe, friendly space for your event.
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.
You should be aware of how long your event lasts.
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend some time shopping before the start of afternoon event slot. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.
You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible, and I will remove it from the schedule.
Last edited by buzz; Friday, 29th August, 2014 at 07:05 PM.
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 01:00 AM #2
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
How to Sign Up For Gameday and Register for Events1. Go to Warhorn.net and sign up for an account if you do not have one already.
2. Once you have your Warhorn account, go to the Chicago Gameday 39 Warhorn page and register. You should see a Register for this event button in the upper right.
3. Clicking the Register for this event button will bring you to a confirmation screen. Click the Register button at the bottom to confirm your registration.
4. Once you're registered, you can view the event schedule by clicking the link in the left-hand nav area.
5. Once you're on the event schedule page, you'll see Play buttons next to the events with available seats. Click the button for the event in which you'd like to play.
6. You should see a confirmation dialog appear. Click Save to confirm your place in the event.
7. You should return to the event schedule. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all of the events in which you'd like to play. There will be a Withdraw button next to the events for which you have reserved a seat. You can click these buttons to give up your seat in an event.
8. At any time, you can click the Your personal schedule link in the left nav area to view your Gameday 39 schedule.
If you have any problems during sign-up, feel free to contact me.
Last edited by buzz; Friday, 29th August, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 01:06 AM #3
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Due to a best friend's wedding, I will not actually be attending Gameday 39. Sad feels!
I need at least one (but hopefully more) person who'd like to act as a Gameday Deputy. These people will be responsible to for making sure people find their tables, helping walk-ins find events, and just generally keeping an eye on things. I'll be asking you to post table signs and such as well. And if you can bring name tags... you'll be my hero.
So, if interested, please let me know. I'm happy to have as many people act in this capacity as possible.
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 01:11 AM #4
Gallant (Lvl 3)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- St. Charles, IL
- Read 1 Reviews
ø Block Trevalon Moonleirion
I’ll take a morning slot for now. Undecided on what I’m running, but Numenéra or Feng Shui are front-runners.
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 01:31 AM #5
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 01:55 AM #6
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
I may or may not have to head out early for larp night, but put me down to playtest Translucent University again in the morning.
It won't be the same without ya, Buzz!
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 02:31 AM #7
I have to make sure I can get off that day of work- I am starting a new position at my job. If everything works out, you'll get my game proposal soon, and I would be happy to be Gameday Deputy.
(Do I get a badge?)
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 02:45 AM #8
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 04:23 AM #9
The settlement of Neuqua has suffered a great deal due to a passing Rainbowblight storm. With no reserves and their fields in ruins the inhabitants must look elsewhere to survive. Only a week from now the raiders will be coming for their tribute and there is nothing to spare. In a vision, the settlement’s high priest has seen there is hope in the forbidden ruins of a shopping mall not too far away. Ancient legends have warned the people of Neuqua to stay far away from the unholy place but now their need is greater than their fear…
This is a 0-level funnel adventure for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG set in a post apocalyptic version of the Midwest. The idea is each player controls three to five 0-level PCs on a terrifying adventure that will most likely have an 80%+ mortality rate. Those PCs that survive will be able to become 1st level adventurers.
Rules will be taught and dice provided, no EXP necessary. Just be ready to sacrifice your characters into the blood mill that is…
The Mall Maul!
Buzz, if no one has claimed the Private room in the morning I'll take that, please. Otherwise Table G is fine.
Last edited by Reidzilla; Tuesday, 5th August, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
Tuesday, 5th August, 2014, 04:25 AM #10
By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General DiscussionReplies: 107Last Post: Monday, 16th June, 2014, 03:46 PM
By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General DiscussionReplies: 134Last Post: Friday, 26th July, 2013, 07:20 PM
By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General DiscussionReplies: 60Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd July, 2013, 01:06 AM
By Mark in forum Gamers Seeking GamersReplies: 12Last Post: Wednesday, 20th March, 2013, 04:17 AM
By thalmin in forum Roleplaying Games General DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: Thursday, 21st May, 2009, 12:45 AM