D&D 5E No price reduction on Amazon UK?

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Player's Handbook is still listed at its full price on Amazon UK. There's a massive discount on the US site. Anyone know how these things work, and if a discount on the UK site is likely?

delericho

Legend
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering. Though at that point I hadn't seen Basic so wasn't 100% sure I wanted in. Oh well.

I think there will be a discount just after the release hits, but that's a guess - I don't have any solid data. Hopefully it will be too late by then, though - I'm hoping to pick up a copy at a game store this weekend.

The Black Ranger

First Post
I'm not going to bother with Amazon.uk. By the time you do the exchange rate to euros and then ship it, I won't be saving much at all so I will just wait and get it from the game store.

delericho

Legend
Yeah, I'm going to check out the two game stores in town Friday, and buy from them if they have them available - amazon's delivery estimate is 28 - 30 August.

Yep, it's a bit odd. If they were offering the same 25% discount as on the Starter Set, I'd probably just wait. But if I'm paying the same as at the FLGS, then I'll have it quicker, thanks.

The Player's Handbook is still listed at its full price on Amazon UK. There's a massive discount on the US site. Anyone know how these things work, and if a discount on the UK site is likely?

Incidentally, Amazon UK appear to have the price of the second "Tyranny of Dragons" adventure wrong - they're listing it at £12.99 where the first volume is £19.99. Since, according to Wizards.com, these are both $30, that's effectively a 35% discount. So that one's worth a pre-order if you're at all interested.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Incidentally, Amazon UK appear to have the price of the second "Tyranny of Dragons" adventure wrong - they're listing it at £12.99 where the first volume is £19.99. Since, according to Wizards.com, these are both $30, that's effectively a 35% discount. So that one's worth a pre-order if you're at all interested.

Good catch! Duly ordered.

Still a bit of a mystery as to why they've no discount on the PHB. There really is no point in waiting is there? Unfortunately, I'm away at the moment with no access to a FLGS so I can't grab the book any time soon. Ironically, I'm in the States where the item is discounted on Amazon, but I leave on the 18th the day before they ship! Grrrrr...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases