arena betting?

fl8m

First Post
I have a player who would like to make a fortune fighting in gladitorial arenas.

his theory as he presents it is he'll go in place a large bet on himself and when he wins (being 25th level) he'll make it big!
unfortunately i have no clue how one goes about such gambling
heck i don't even understand how odds work.

I assume that there's a reasonable limit to how much can be wagered on a fight and after every win wouldn't the odds change dramaticaly?

any information on how gambling odds work? or ideas on how to curb this (latest of many) get rich quick scheme?

Crothian

First Post
It depends on the world, but any place where this is a big thing will have magic to judge the abilities of the people. Also, as a 25th level whatever, I'm sure he';s well known through out the lands. You just don't get that high without making a name for yourself. So, they very well might refuse to allow him to enter, or they'll allow him to enter with no weapons and no magical items and fight a balor or 3.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Gaming story: group was playing GURPS fantasy, world had gladitorial arenas. I was playing the heavy fighter, a female amazon type. I decided to make some money by fighting in the area, you got paid on how well you did. The magic user of the party decided to try to make extra cash, paid the people running the area to bring out the dragon they had to go one on one against me. I bet what cash I had, thinking i was going to die. I got lucky and took it out. My character did not know that the MU was responsible for the dragon, so I could not do anything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases