LMoP [ooc]

mips42

Adventurer
Well I got a reply to the email saying he was still in. However, I d really like to pick up the overall pace a bit but I'm not sure what a 'reasonable' time to wait really is. For some reason I'm thinking no more than 3 days but I'm not sure that's enough. Waffle waffle.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Theory of quick postings - to be refined

How about 48 hours after your last post? (2 days more or less depending on time differences) - if we're in combat you'll use one of the at-will options (basic attack, cantrip, whatever) for the character and we go on.

And if someone knows he will be offline, then he / she designates temporary "handler" for the character so that DM doesn't have to think about it.

Finally, if there is no comment after 48 hours and we're not in combat, that character simply kept silent and in background.

Neurotic

Maps

On 4e living worlds there was a tendency to use google docs (tables) as maps. The advantage is that you can keep hit points, stats (AC, to hit etc) on the sheet and movement control (which there are plenty of in 4e) so that everyone has current situation regarding the movement (and forced movement).

Just a suggestion.

Since we're first level and I have whole of 2 spells which can trigger the surge, would you consider triggering the surges when I hit with 20 (or 1) on various spell rolls regardless of "surge check"

mips42

Adventurer
as far as the GoogleDocs thing goes, honestly, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you clarify?
As far as Surges go, Yes, this is almost exactly what I had in mind (I was only thinking of 1 or 2 but 1 and 20 is virtually the same) and I have no preference as to who rolls the surge results.

Neurotic

You take empty google tables sheet. You create the map by coloring the squares in green, brown, blue, putting letters for character names and monsters, marking with special colors difficult terrain etc...and on the second sheet or next to the map you put monster AC and MBA (so that players can roll their own OAs against themselves if they trigger some) - this saves you the work of evaluating who triggers what in case the monster dies before the end of the round. See example below.

https://docs.google.com/a/sps186.or...jpQtW7SddGo5dTdzWEU3dk1kdWhFdmZGZjB2Z0E#gid=0

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Happy Monday! It is now the 5th of January, 2015 - and the long New Year's holiday weekend is over!

In my hungle opinion, it's about time to pick up the pace of posting with this adventure, even if it's only to post such things as, "Eddicus swings: He misses!"

Who's due to act next? (Do we still need an Initiative roll for Brachnuss from mudbunny? Can mips42 roll that for him?)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I looked at your docs.google map, and I think you might be able to use another color for the non-grassy bit where the trail goes into the cave -- or not, because that bit is less than a square wide according to the map-fragment you posted. (Eddicus should be sort of near H-18 or I-18: out of sight behind briars, but within a single turn's speed of engaging in melee with the foe.)

On a completely unrelated topic, here's another question: if you have the DMG, do you also have the MM?
The reason I ask is that I'm trying to conceive of a 5E human druid as a thought-exercise, but his name keeps trying to be Sedgewick Conchrain.
OK, he might eventually be able to learn "Conjure Animals" and cast that spell to make it Rain Conchs; but what are the stats of molluscs in the MM? (I'm guessing there aren't any. . . .)

mips42

Adventurer
I had a quick look through a MM and saw no stats for mollusks. As a pure guess, Str 1 Int 1 Wis 1 con 5 cha 1, 3 HP, AC 14, Size Tiny (if falling upon a foe, treat as a small rock).

mips42

Adventurer
So, quick opinion: Actual map, posted via link as before or google sheet map as Neurotic suggested. I have no strong feelings either way and am happy to go with the group on this but do NOT want to do both.

Remove ads