LMoP [ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
And don't forget perrinmiller left because he tried to force the party on one direction and then got mad because we didn't follow. First on my in-game objection and later with you or Axel starting hostilities at the tavern

Neurotic

So, I just read the adventure. While direct assault seems hard to pull off, it also seems quite possible. Infiltration, room by room and not splitting the party and alerting everyone at once...that was (I think) deciding factor. We just couldn't win the war of attrition, too many enemies at once. And we had a player disappear in the middle of the combat. Twice.

If this was regular campaign (face-to-face) I'd put PCs in a cell as prisoners and either escape by their own or having township finally raise against the thugs. There are several capable citizens. Anyhow, [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], good try, thank you for your time.

Beating a dead horse now, stopping. I hope we play again at some point. Thank you [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION] for fun characters, we tried, we died. Poor adventurers :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Another possible approach to the adventure (which I do not have, and therefore have not read) is for the party to arrive at Phandelver, rest over night, gather information, and then go after any other quest than trying to take down the Redbrands. If they went after the quest of Sister Garaele (is that her name?) who wanted help in going east-by-northeast up the Triboar Trail to speak to a -- what was it again? -- Yes! take a jeweled comb to Agatha the Banshee as a gift to mollify her, so the party can ask her about the whereabouts of a spellbook that had belonged to Bowgentle. There were other quests offered, too. If the party followed up on any of those quests, they might have reached 3rd Level before assailing the Redbrand hideout, and might have had a better chance. (If only it hadn't been for the "my way or the highway" Paladin.)

Neurotic

We can still. While I read the finale, this is boss fight after all, we can still go after other stuff. In the meantime, Glass mage can establish himself as a mayor and hunt after us after a while. We level up, find some more adventurers... but find the town with more goblinoids. We could even be asked for help by Glasstaff (they are ignoring him) :)

Neurotic

We could try with alternate characters. Or we could keep these, it would be fun to survive based on diplomacy - even if we effectively loose this.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I am not interested in continuing with Lost Mines of Phandelver. As I said, I am basically done with Eddicus. (<- link to earlier post, wherein I said that.) I'm not currently in any active games. It's fine.
We had our TPK. Let it be.

Here's a thought: Neurotic, you might want to start up a new version of LMoP on EN World, with you as the DM, and call for new players. Maybe you can get mips42 to play in your game, although he has read the adventure.

Neurotic

How about having new character(s) join?
I have several active, but I like this one. And we didn't get our TPK :) we didn't fight 'till the last breath' - but yes, I understand.

I cannot commit time enough to GM for at least another month - I'm currently running two projects to completion, one needs to be done before 17th and I can tell we'll overshoot. And another is burning hot right now. Make it another month to clear the backlog afterwards and you're looking at Easter time before I can do more than follow the game.

As-is, I'm not opposed to the idea and I may start one, I'll ping you when I start recruiting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases