LMoP [ooc]

mips42

Adventurer
Introducing Ivan Kakarov, a researcher from Damaran who may have delved too deep into the mysteries of the outer realms.

[SBLOCK=Ivan]
View attachment 65370
Name: Ivan Kakarov
Sex: Male
Race: Human (Variant)
Class/Level: Warlock 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Size: Medium
Init: +2
Passive Perception: 13

DEFENSE
AC: 13 (11 Leather Armor, +2 Dex)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Saves: Wisdom & Charisma

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +4 Attack, 1d4+2 Piercing
Ranged: Light Crossbow +4 Attack 1d8+2

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

SKILLS Proficies in bold, 1 Human, 2 Warlock, 2 Background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
+2 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial, Deep Speech

BACKGROUND FEATURES Sage
Feature: Researcher
Skill Proficiencies: History, Perception

Traits: I’m convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets.
Ideal: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Bond: I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.
Flaw: The eldritch mysteries I research and my pact with the Old Ones are slowly driving me mad.

Feats:
Spell Sniper:
Double range on attack roll spells, ignore 1/2 and 3/4 cover, learn cantrip (Shocking Grasp)

CLASS FEATURES
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +5.
Proficiencies Light armor, simple weapons
Otherworldly Patron (Great Old Ones)
Pact Magic

Spells Known:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Shocking Grasp, Minor Illusion
1st Level: Hex, Dissonant Whispers

Spells per short rest: 1x1st Level

Physical Appearance:
Tall and lanky, Ivan has dark hair and piercing blue eyes. He wears a goate and dresses in robes over leather armor, both of which are in varying states of disarray, depending on the day. He can sometimes be seen reading feverishly out of a heavy leather-bound book when he thinks nobody is watching.
[/SBLOCK]

1: I'm presuming you're going with the Tome Pact, therefore I believe you should have a total of 5 cantrips, 2 for being a Warlock and 3 more for your Tome pact.
2: As a feat replaces an ability increase, it would normally not be available until 4th level unless there is some other thing happening that I am unaware of.
Other than that, looks okay to me. If someone who has the PHB could verify, I'd appreciate it.
BTW, not that it matters but, as soon as I read the name I pictured a bear of a guy in a big fur coat with a Franz Josef or Friendly Muttonchops and a bad Russian accent. :p

toasterferret

Explorer
Humans can choose a variant that gives them a feat and two +1 ability increases and a skill instead of the 5 +1 ability increases, and I don't get my pact boon until level 3. I will be choosing tome though.

He also certainly has a russian accent.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], are you still taking? What is current roster, any holes? I would play chaos sorcerer if that is alright, but I can take any role needed.

mips42

Adventurer
Officially, no. But, as I am not above a challenge, I could take a 6th. Current roster:
Brachnuss - Male human Greatweapon fighter
Eddicus - Male human cleric
Garrett - Male Halfling rogue
Vottr - Male Dwarven fighter
Ivan - Male Human Tome Warlock

Neurotic

Excellent. This is PbP. You'll have no trouble with six :)

I'll whip up a char later today (I'm at work now). First level chaos sorcerer. Probably half-elf...

EDIT: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], how will we (actually you) treat wild surges? I remember seeing something along the lines:
roll d12 after long rest. after you cast such number of spell levels, the surge is auto-triggered, roll 1d10
after this new limit is reached, trigger surge, roll 1d8 etc...

Adjust as needed for caster level (maybe start at only d4 or d6?) - as caster levels, the dice increases, showing his better control over chaotic energies...

There is also fixed chance or simply your whim :) I'd just like to know in general...of course, the character will NOT know :)

There is also 10 000 (yes ten thousand) version of wild surge list ... most powerful is becoming demigod (I think), but petrification, other planes and potted plants are all options.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Other than 'I was behind you the whole time' / chaos accident, getting you in as a prisoner of the Goblins would be easiest but I'm not sure how long it'll be before the current players get there.
As for wild magic surges, My thought is to have a Wild Magic Surge roll (yours or mine, don't care) for each spell after you choose to use the Tides of Chaos ability until a short rest is had AND if you get a natural 1 or 2 on a spell attack. I know this isn't quite RAW but it puts them about where I think they should be.
You manipulate fate (Tides of Chaos), weird things are gonna happen. You fumble your casting, weird things are gonna happen. Also, standard Wild Magic table.

Neurotic

As for wild magic surges, My thought is to have a Wild Magic Surge roll (yours or mine, don't care) for each spell after you choose to use the Tides of Chaos ability until a short rest is had AND if you get a natural 1 or 2 on a spell attack. I know this isn't quite RAW but it puts them about where I think they should be.
You manipulate fate (Tides of Chaos), weird things are gonna happen. You fumble your casting, weird things are gonna happen. Also, standard Wild Magic table.

Just to point out: after I use Tides of Chaos, you can simply roll on the Surge table whenever you feel like it, no roll is neccessary (but the spell is :) so I don't blow up while playing music :eek: )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases