Tyranny of Dragons

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
So a mighty gold dragon that's been punished by being forced into the body of an INT 8 wizard? Wow, you must have really p***ed Bahamut off. :eek:

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I tried to put together all that random stuff into her backstory... it's not that bad. A lot of details actually make sense, once I "connect the dots". Even her random name :cool: Here she is:

[sblock]Name: Miri Dundragon
Race: Human, Tethyrian (female)
Class: Wizard 1
Background: Folk Hero
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: medium
Speed: 30ft
Proficiency bonus: +2

Ability scores:
- Str 14 (+2)
- Dex 16 (+3)
- Con 13 (+1)
- Int 9 (-1)
- Wis 15 (+2)
- Cha 11 (+0)

Defenses:
- AC 13
- HP 7 (1d6 +1 Con)
- Hit dice; 1d6+1
- Saves Proficiencies: Intelligence (+1), Wisdom (+4)
- Initiative: +3
- Passive perception: 13

Traits: "When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way"; "I judge people by their actions, not their words"
Ideal: "Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect (Good)"
Bond: "You have a secret. You once were a gold dragon who served Bahamut. You were too proud and vain, to the point that Bahamut decided to teach you a lesson. You have been trapped in a weak, humanoid body, with your memories of your former life but a dim shadow. You remember only one thing with perfect clarity: Bahamut's command to go into the world and prove your devotion to the cause of good. If you prove worthy, on your death you will return to his side in your true form."
Flaw: "The people who knew me when I was young know my shameful secret, so I can never go home again"

Weapon Proficiencies: dagger, darts, sling, quarterstaff, light crossbow
Skills Proficiencies: Animal Handling (+4), Insight (+4), Medicine (+4), Survival (+4)
Tools Proficiencies: Vehicles (land), Weaver's Tools
Language Proficiencies: Common, Halfling

Background Feature: Rustic Hospitality
Defining Event: "I stole from a corrupt merchant to help the poor"

Class features: spellcasting, arcane recovery (1 slot), ritual casting
Spells prepared: 1
Slots per day: (1st level) 2
Spells DC: 9
Spells attack: +1
Arcane focus: crystal

Cantrips known: Dancing Lights, Mage Hand, Poison Spray
Spells known: (1st level) Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Identify, Magic Missile, Sleep
Rituals known: Identify

Equipment:
- common clothes
- quarterstaff (attack +4, dmg 1d6+2, versatile 1d8+2)
- crystal (arcane focus)
- spellbook
- scholar's pack (backpack, book of lore, bottle of ink, ink pen, 10 parchment sheets, bag of sand, small knife)
- weaver's tools
- shovel
- iron pot
- belt pouch
- trinket (an old divination card bearing your likeness)
- 10gp

Current lifestyle: poor (2sp/day)

Description: 5' 6", 170lb, fair skin, brown straight long hair (usually braided), blue eyes.

History:

Born in the countryside around Nashkel in the Sword Coast from unknown parents, Miri spent her childhood living in an orphanage operated with the support of the local temple of Helm. As a youngster, she was set to earn her living as a weaver's apprentice. Unfortunately her patron was an evil halfling man of malign greed, who not only ran his business ruthlessly, but was also a usurer, causing widespread suffering among families in debts. Despite her intentions on serving her master dutifully, Miri slowly realized his true nature, but founding it impossible to recur to the law, she began to secretly forge his accounts and pilfer from the shop's vault in order to repay back his victims. When the weaver discovered her, he publicly ashamed her and got her arrested; the local people couldn't challenge the law to help her, but managed her escape from the city prison. Unfortunately, she is still wanted in Nashkel and can never go back.

Miri knows she's not the brightest. But when she was still a little girl, a gypsy woman from a travelling caravan found an interest in her, and invited her for some small fortunetelling. When offered a deck of tarot cards to pick from, Miri drew "The Magician" card, only to found that the character depicted looked precisely like herself. Since that time, and despite everyone's opinion against, she's been stubbornly convinced she should become a wizard, and nothing ever made her desist. Her kind and gentle demeanors have earned them at different times her arcane crystal focus she carries as a pendant, her first spellbook, and the teaching of her few known spells, as gifts by a variety of individuals. She still carries that tarot card with her all the time.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Here is Renestrae, the urchin with a twist. Rather than try to format a code block, I'm just uploading a .pdf of the character sheet. Let me know if you'd like it typed out in a spoiler block instead.

-IG

Attachments

• Character.pdf
    376 KB · Views: 331

dream66_

First Post
Updated Kerri's character sheet, now has background, Bond 8 and cleaned for readablity

[sblock=Kerri Greycastle]

Female Human(Chondathan) Outlander Druid 1
5'2" 152 lbs.; Hair: Black; Eyes: Green
AL: N; Lang: Common, Druidic, Elven, Goblin

Personality: I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes, accidentally, breaking them.
Ideal: Change; Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond: The dragons destroyed everything you hold dear. They killed your family and destroyed your home. Now, with nothing but what you carry on your back and a horrid scar of the near fatal wounds you sustained in the attack, you seek revenge.
Flaw: I am slow to trust member of other races, tribes, and societies.

Str: 10(+0) Dex: 14(+2) Con: 15(+2) Int(S): 12(+1) Wis(S): 16(+3) Cha: 8(-1)
Size: M; Speed: 30; AC: 13; Init: +2; HP: 10/10; Hit Dice: 1d8; Passive Wisdom: 13;

Attacks: Scimitar +4 melee (1d6+2 slashing), Poison Spray DC13 CON 1d20 poison damage, 10ft.

Proficiency(+2): Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears, Herbalism kit, drum,

Skills: Animal Handling, Athletics, Nature, Survival

Druid Features: Druidic Language, Spellcasting

Background Feature: Wanderer: You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Equipment:

a wooden shield
a scimitar
leather armor
an explorer's pack
backpack
bedroll
mess kit
tinderbox
10 torches
10 days
rations
waterskin
50 ft hemp rope
druidic focus
A staff
a hunting trap
a trophy from an animal she killed, (antlers in her hair)
a set of traveler's clothes,
a belt pouch containing 10gp
bright green feather

Spellcasting: +5 DC13

Cantrips
Druidcraft "various effects"
Poison Spray "DC13 CON; 1d12 poison dmg; 10ft range"

1st 2/2
Animal Friendship "DC13 WIS; charm animal; 24hrs"
Entangle "DC13 STR; 20ft square restrained; Conc, 1min; 90ft range"
Healing Word "heal 1d4+3; 60ft range"
Thunderwave DC13 CON half; 2d8 thunder dmg, 10ft. push; 15ft cube close blast"

Kerri was raisied by her mother, Esvele Greycastle, a wandering druid. She never knew her father, and her mother refused to answer any questions about him. They traveled the old groves and ancient forests, Kerri learning the old faith and the ways of druidcraft. They seldom interacted with the civilized world her mother prefering to survive off the land. Esvele passed on a distrust of civilization and of others. When Kerri was 14 tragity struck, a red dragon attacked and destroyed the seculded grove they were staying in. Esvele was killed and Kerri gravely injured. It took Kerri 4 years to fully nurse herself back to health, all that she has to remember her mother by is a bright green feather her mother had worn in her hair, mysteriously untouched by flame. Kerri has set out from her grove with a hatred of all dragons.

[/sblock]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Alrighty, looks like we're getting there.

I'm going to run a very brief 'prologue' that will lead into HotDQ for a few reasons:

Will help me find my feet as a play by post DM and work out any kinks
The adventure hasn't arrived yet
When it does arrive, it will give me time to read over the opening chapters

dream66_

First Post
Alrighty, looks like we're getting there.

I'm going to run a very brief 'prologue' that will lead into HotDQ for a few reasons:

Will help me find my feet as a play by post DM and work out any kinks
The adventure hasn't arrived yet
When it does arrive, it will give me time to read over the opening chapters

D) HotDQ has jack for intro anyways "You're all on the road to Greenest when you see..."

X_Mythic

First Post
D) HotDQ has jack for intro anyways "You're all on the road to Greenest when you see..."

Yup, i was like, "Why am i even with these people" so an intro would be nice.

Anyway i got busy, i know what im doing for a character so i could RP it for the next day or so but i should be able to get an actual character up tomorrow some time

X_Mythic

First Post
honestly guys, as badly as i want to do this i dont think imma have time so im going to pull out now before it gets started.

Best of luck to each of you and good dragon hunting!

Remove ads