Pathfinder 1E Toying with Campaign Ideas.. have I stumbled on a good one here?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OK so i have a rough outline for my campaign :

Strike the earth is a pathfinder RPG campaign based in a custom campaign world, beginning in Mydenstolt.

Mydenstolt is the name of the dwarven nation where our adventure starts Mydenstolt represents the entire dwarven lands, underground and inside the mountains of the world. Mydenstolt represents the edges of the map for dwarven kind but that is soon changing.

Dwarves are exploring further and further and recently expeditions have found an above-ground world that is very new to them. New challenges and opportunity await the many expeditions preparing to journey to the new world and adventure is to be had for all.

What adventures are to be had? Who will the dwarves of Mydenstolt run into and how will this new world change the fabric of dwarven society?

So the next step is to figure our what races I want to include

Since my adventure involves underground dwarves, my first thought is go Duergar but I don't want the inheritent magical abilities that come with them so will just respect existing dwarven traits accordingly.

The next thing is to figure out what other races I will permit.

My thoughts were :
Gnomes
.... and thats where I got stuck
I can only come up with dwarves and gnomes, any others i could consider?

How did this work out?

Also, I've thought (but never did) about using the game to generate dungeons :)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If the Dwarves don't build a Navy, then the Imperium is going to behave like XL Viking Raiders. They can't really get a foothold on the mainland (Dwarf Army arrives), but the Dwarves can't reach them on any islands. Using "Dwarves = Appalachian Mountains", Newfoundland and Cuba are prime real estate for the Imperium to acquire.

If you want to have an Underdark, the Dwarves turn into Imperial China: keep fending off "barbarians" from the edge of beyond, with no idea what resource base the "barbarians" have.

"The Journeys of Marco Polo" might make for an interesting campaign. Both ways, if you want the PCs to explore the Dwarf Kingdom you have built before visiting the Imperium.
The Franco-British colonial wars in North America (and the Caribbean islands) might help you gain inspiration too.

Nasty headache: the Dwarf King decides to send an army through the Underdark to raid and harass the Imperium from underneath.

Remove ads