Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry! Didn't have anything exciting to post, and it kind of...slipped my mind. (-_-) )

Annika isn't quite certain enough of the situation to try to intervene, so she heads on inside, allowing the 'backup' in after her. She takes a seat nearby, but can't resist looking over to see what happens next. Even though it had nothing to do with her, it was hard to resist the urge to get involved.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, we're going to move forward without Justin. Justin, feel free to jump back in at any time during this scene. If you don't make it back before we move on from the tavern, post in the OOC thread first and we'll try to work you back in.

Astor waits a moment to see how the scout replies to Donall before intervening.

The scout takes his hand off Else but doesn't back away, "This little thief stole my coin purse."

Elsa crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, "Prove it!" Looking at Donall she says, "I didn't take anything."

At this point, Astor approaches, addressing the scouts, who now number five, "Gentlemen, remember the scout's creed. Justice is not yours to judge, just to dispense. Until she's proven guilty..."

The scout interrupts him, "Begging your pardon, my lord, but the creed also says a scout defends what's his."

Astor frowns. Its obvious to Kowl that the scouts don't respect his authority very much.

Chkikn notices the black cloaked figure taking an interest in the drama unfolding. He gets a brief glimpse under the hood and sees eyes as dark as night.

Annika, close to the bar, sees the half-orc barkeep slowly loading a crossbow while everyone's attention is in the center of the room.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Kowl Clanggedon

Kowl walked at Astor's side, hand on his blade. His scout seemed not to respect him or anyone else. The room had turned tense, and that tension was beginning to direct itself toward Astor as much as to the human girl, Elsa.

He eyed the orc-son and the black-clad figure, again thumbing his weapon. They should just go back to their table and let the dispute resolve on its own, but it didn't look like Astor was having it that way.

"Well, go ahead man. Prove it or find yourself a new scheme," said Kowl to the scout holding Elsa. As he did, Kowl widened his stance.

OCC: I'm using brown for my color. If that bothers anybody due to their settings let me know, I'll be happy to change.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Something was wrong.

The situation felt off to Annika. If the bartender wanted to keep order, why not shout and demand everyone leave, or call for the guard? Why quietly load that crossbow? If the scout believed she was a thief, why not demand she be searched? Why weren't THEY calling for the guard?

She stood up from her seat and moved out a bit, putting herself in the middle of it all. Then she said loudly, "Everyone STOP!"

Annika was not a fully trained bard, but she'd learned something about how to use her voice. How to make it carry without shouting, how to make it crack like a whip. She didn't then give anyone time to question or think. Immediately the pointed at the bartender.

"You, put that crossbow down. Yes, I see you there." She looked at the scouts. "If she's a thief, then we'll keep her here and the town guard will search her, and that's that."

With a sweep of her eyes, Annika now included the other people in the inn, bringing them into the brewing situation. "We do not strike people down on accusations alone. There are laws, and in the execution of those laws there will be justice given to where it's due."

Her eyes fixed back on the aggrived scout. "Now. How much money was in the purse you say was stolen?"

(OOC - Intimidate and Diplomacy rolls; to get everyone's attention, and then talk everyone down. 20 Intimidate, 23 Diplomacy. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4626578/ )

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg
Elsa_zps03029b6e.jpg

Donall scoffed at the Scout's retort. "Defend against what? You claiming my lithe cousin mugged you now?"

His eyes narrowed as the scout was starting to sound suspicious. He gave the guy a good look over for the telltales of deceit. As it was, he had no clue if Elsa was fibbing to him or not. Sometimes she was hard to read.

He added his own question to the stranger trying to get involved, "Where, when and how was they alleged mugging to have taken place? Do you have actual proof or just picked the closed person you think did it?"

Not that the scout had let her go, Donall pulled Elsa closer to him and lowered his voice as he asked, "Have you met this man before now?"

[sblock=OOC]Sense Motive on Scout (1d20+6=19)
Sense Motive on Elsa (1d20+6=8)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +15 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg), Freebooter's Bane +1 Att/Dmg
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

The little rat felt fear and despair, who was this mysterious character, dark as the night, empty as his pockets? He squeaked and chirped involuntarily, revealing his position under the table. He grabbed his potion tightly, the tension in the tavern was growing to unsettling levels.

OOC: Thought I posted this, I actually had it saved on a notepad on my desk. Weird.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Astor is taken aback by Annika's forceful, attention grabbing speech. He seems about to try to take charge of the situation when...

The lead scout is about to reply to Donall when Elsa interrupts him, "Of course I haven't met him before, he's..."

She is interrupted by the twang of a crossbow bolt. The half-orc fires...at Astor.

Chkikn sees the man in black's horrible eyes focused intently on the half-orc, his hand moving as if he were directing the half-orc's actions.

The crossbow bolt narrowly misses its mark and the scouts turn as one, swords drawn, their training overriding any previous conflicts, as they move to take down the half-orc behind the bar.

OOC: This may or may not erupt into combat, depending on your actions.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

"He's charmed! Enchanted!" The rat man squeaked. "Him, get him!" he says, pointing a weak paw at the dark cloaked figure at the corner. "He's controlling him!"

Remove ads