Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: I am. I updated the OOC thread that Kowl was going to continue guarding Astor, and not seeing the point of describing that in this thread I would let the story carry on. I'm new to pbp so if I should have put that information in this thread, let me know.

OOC: I always wait to post in the IC until all the players have posted so, please do post something, if only to describe what your character is thinking or doing. Thanks.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Kowl Clangadden

A human girl had threatened the enchanter and for it won the adoration of the Captain, who had a look in his eyes for her like he had found a cave full of rubies. In the middle of a brawl with a wizard no less! For all the dust and time of Kowl's journey here, and the impending loss of either his freedom or his life, Kowl had the brief and ill-fitted idea that he would see a display of human courtship before the day was over.

Still, he kept his guard, placing a had on Astor's shoulder. "Steady man!" he said in a harsh whisper, hoping to encourage Astor to focus on protecting himself.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

The ratfolk alchemist gathers the courage to sprint from underneath the table. "He's not here, that's an illusion, a trick!" he screams, but stops mid sprint, fear striking his rodent features, and takes a few steps back. All this attention is overwhelming for someone used to be ignored and frowned upon. He drops his ears so low they seem to form a hood tight against his face.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin

Reaching the same conclusion as Chkikn but not saying so outloud, Peregrin stops stalking up to the image of the mage and looks around the tavern for the real wizard. Perhaps he is still inside?

OOC: Perception check 1d20+9=25

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall heard the ratfolk scream about their prisoner being an illusion. Then the woman fired a crossbow bolt into it.

He frowned in consternation. Wizardry appeared to be running loose and amuck all around the inside of the tavern. He kept himself in front of Elsa protectively, partly relieved that she was no longer the center of attention.

“So the culprit escaped?” he looked around wondering who might be controlling an illusion and also tried magically controlling the bartender.

“To be able to control the illusion, the spell caster has to be within line of sight, right?”

[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+5=23)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +15 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg), Freebooter's Bane +1 Att/Dmg
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

"I don't know... I'm not a wizard..." said the tiny rat man in a tiny voice. His big eyes did look for the wizard non the less.

Perception: uuu a nat 20: 28

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Illusion. Damn it all.

Kowl rose his gaze to the half-orc behind the bar. "You!" he said, pointing with his sword. "The bugger was in your mind. You felt 'im. Focus yourself lad, you'll know who it was."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The graying, nearly bald half-orc, still surrounded by scouts, snarls, "Lad? Watch who you're talking to, runt."

Annika's crossbow bolt thunks into the wall behind the illusion and the illusion wavers and shimmers like a pond with a stone thrown into it before dissipating completely.

Peregrin and Chkikn, the Halfling seeing subtle signs in the way the illusion was situated, Chkikn by smell, realize that the mage was never there at all. The dark-eyed man had been an illusion the entire time. Whoever or whatever had enchanted the half-orc, it was long gone...or still here, in disguise.

Elsa grabs Donall's arm, "Maybe we should just get out of here. I need you. Please?"

Shayuri

First Post
Annika narrows her eyes. There hadn't been time to cast a spell. She hadn't taken her eyes off of him since aiming the crossbow. Had he always been an illusion? But if that was the case...

She cast a spell, and the room swam in her vision as rivers of flame momentarily coursed around her hands and vanished. Ghostly auras wavered into her view. Annika slowly turned around, questing through the common room for signs of the caster of that illusion.

"Did anyone see if someone left the inn the past minute or so?"

(OOC - Detect Magic, turning around to cover 360 degrees with a round of detection in each direction until she senses magic. If she senses magic she'll focus for another 2 rounds to locate and identify its source.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases