Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

The ratfolk's nose wrinkles, "He's not here, nor has been in a long time. I guess... I can't smell him. Someone wants him dead, that much is certain." he points a clawed finger at Astor.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Kowl Clangadden

"You're a tyke by my years, now answer the question; did you sense anything, anyone?" Kowl demanded, feeling that familiar heat of a brawl about to be had.

Then the rat-man said he couldn't smell someone anymore, and whoever it was wanted Astor dead. Of course they did! Now he had to play nurse-maid to to some preening human noble. Curse his fate! There was a pox by the gods on his very being! Why he...

Wait, the ratfolk couldn't smell who anymore?

"You say you know what he smells like? How do ya fancy that exactly?" Kowl asked the timid ratfolk.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikn

Chkikin instinctively backpedalled, ears reeling behind his head. "No, I mean that if he is here, is one of us... I don't detect any smell different from when I first entered the tavern, meaning no one left, nor entered, you know besides them." he points at Elsa, Annika and the scouts.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg
Elsa_zps03029b6e.jpg

Donall was not sure what to make of the magical issues of a spell controlling the bartender and the illusion of a wizard to distract those looking to learn who was responsible. He knew who it was not.

He was reluctant to simply leave though. He had come to meet Astor and join the group he was recruiting. He said softly to his cousin, “Sorry, I cannot just leave. And I don’t think you should either in light of the situation. Whoever is behind this trickery was using you to make the distraction with the scouts.”

“Here, let’s move over there to have some privacy and you can tell me what’s going on, yeah?”

He lead, half herded his cousin to an empty booth next to the wall.

“So what’s going on, Elsa?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +15 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: JustinCase, are you still with us?

Annika does sense the presence of magic in the room...

Elsa tugs insistently on Donall's arm, "Please, we have to get out of here. Its...its not safe. What if they try to arrest me? Donall, please!"

Annika's focus narrows in on two sources of magic. Astor...and Elsa. Astor's sword bears an enchantment. Elsa herself appears to be cloaked in an illusion.

Shayuri

First Post
Illusion. Another illusion.

Annika crossed the inn, trying not to look like there might be trouble. There were legitimate reasons that the girl might have illusions, and she didn't want to falsely accuse anyone with the tension as high as it was. Suspicion could suddenly seem like confirmation, with tragic results.

"Excuse me, Donall was it?" she asked. "And this is Elsa?"

Annika leaned forward a little and dropped her voice in volume to carry only to these two.

"I apologize for prying, but is there a reason Elsa is covered in illusion? Given the nature of what happened here, I feel it's best to ask before anyone else notices."

Though her words were polite, Annika kept half an eye on Donall and half on Elsa...trying to stay alert should one or both try to bolt, or attack.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Cornered. Thought Kowl to himself. Someone wanted Astor dead, and they were either attempting to do it in the pub, or they were trying to flush him out. He wanted to bolt, yank Astor off his fool feet and drag him outside with his band of merry men, but then what? Shake his fist at some unseen attacker? Wait for the inevitable? He wasn't safe anywhere, it seemed.

"Have you a cellar?" asked Kowl of the half-orc before he finished his thought. There were too many windows, too many unseen approaches, and every dark corner held treachery. He could get Astor to a basement or a cellar and control the one way in or out.

He knew it would only make a wizard's job more difficult, not impossible. But at least he could delay and give himself time to think.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg
Elsa_zps03029b6e.jpg

Donall looked at his cousin and assured her in a low voice, “No one is going to arrest you if you have done nothing wrong, Elsa. And if you have done something, you had best tell me now so I can get ahead of it and deal with it.”

He kept hold of Elsa’s arm as the woman approached and delivered her discrete news about the illusion.

Donall turned to his cousin with an arched eyebrow and said, “None that I can think of.”

“Elsa?”
his tone was stern like that of a protective brother. After all, he had been surprised to see her in the tavern to begin with and strange magic was in the air.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +15 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin

OOC: Yes, I'm still here! :D

Failing to spot the wizard, Peregrin walks towards the door of the tavern. If the mage is still inside somehow, the halfling intends to prevent his escape any way he can. Leaning against the wall right next to the entrance (just out of reach of the door should it swing inwards), Peregrin crosses his arms and observes the patrons.

The ranger and his cousin were the obvious suspects. The girl rushing into the tavern, knocking over the halfling's drink, to all appearances a clumsy thief desperate not to get caught; however, it could be a cover for more sinister goals or as an effective distraction. The man seemed genuinely concerned for his cousin, but to Peregrin that did not mean he was above suspicion.

The half-orc barkeep was unlikely to be involved in a plot to kill anyone, especially inside his own tavern. And besides, the halfling had the distinct feeling that he had met the half-orc before, perhaps a very long time ago...

The little ratfolk was, in Peregrin's estimate, completely innocent. He was the one pointing out that a wizard was at work, and even though the halfling had never before met one of the curious creatures, Peregrin was sure his intentions were good.

The dwarf looked tough and capable of combat, and therefore Peregrin dismissed him as a suspect as well. Unless of course he was in league with the mage and was now trying to get close to Astor...

The woman who came in and ordered the soldiers around, looked pretty and attractive to the halfling. Realizing this, however, made Peregrin examine her more closely for any suspicious gear or behaviour; beauty was too often used to distract people from wicked ways. After a few moments, Peregrin was satisfied that there seemed no such ill intent from this one.

Remove ads