Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin flashes a big smile and a friendly wink at Kowl before making a closing gesture with his hand before his mouth, indicating that the halfling will say no more on the subject.

"Apologies, sir dwarf; I did not hear your name. I myself am Peregrin Badgerfoot, traveling monk, and I believe we will be on this mission together. Assuming, of course, Astor here is willing to take us on." The last words are directed towards the human commander.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikin lowers his ears when the dwarf growled. He took a pair of steps back, would the fight among the two spark any violence. "C-Can we have something to eat? I'm hungry..."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm Annika," introduced the flame-haired woman. "And...yes. Lets get a table and sit down and have an actual conversation, now that we're not trying to stop fights from breaking out or assassins from striking."

She smiled at that, reinforcing her light, joking tone, and gestured at an empty table.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Chkikin is my name." The tiny ratfolk says, as he struggles to climb up to an empty chair. He flickers his whiskers at the table, smelling it. "I'm from the human wizards town. I'm outcasted. Me too clean." he says before biting off a chunk of wood from the table. The timid ratfolk seems to be gaining confidence, weather that's good or bad it's unknown...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall chuckled at the little ratkin’s troubles from home.

“Seriously, mate? They ran you off because you liked to wash up and not live filthy. Heh. Heh-”

He stopped laughing as Chkikin started trying to eat the table.

“Oy! You might not want to be doing that, mate. They could make you pay for it and tables cost more than food.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +15 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chkikin raises his ears and whiskers quickly at the new information, releasing his bite on the table, and quickly passing his hand over as to cover the teeth mark. He kept munching on the splinter though. "Sorry"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Astor tells the half-orc proprietor to get a meal together for the group.

As the group is waiting, Astor explains further, "Lord Jannus is more concerned with protecting the borders against the annual orc raids than he is in tracking down missing ore shipments. He is...not the lord his father was, but he's trying too hard to compensate for that and is failing to account for a situation his father never had to deal with - the presence of Silvergard, which effectively extends the border into the mountains, beyond what Jannus' father ever had to worry about. Adding to that, Jannus' brother, my father, died trying to root out these same orcs that we are going after."

A meal of potato and mutton stew is served up, with ale, though Astor has the half-orc bring out a bottle of wine, Guare vintage, some of the best in all of Azgund. And the most expensive.

Astor pours a glass for any who would like one, taking one for himself, "As for supplies, I have made certain arrangements. We'll be well equipped. Though, we'll be on foot as the terrain is far too rugged for horses. We'll have a couple of pack mules with sufficient rations for at least two weeks. I'm afraid I can't offer you any advance pay, however. My grandfather's philosophy was always, 'Do the job, then get paid. Never trust a man who wants to be paid up front.'"

He glances around, realizing his words may have offended some of those at the table, "Not that I'm accusing any of you of anything, of course, but, its the way we do things here in Vedlund. I hope you understand."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The ratkin nods enthusiastically. "Me understand." he seems too concerned munching on the potatoes to be actually paying any real attention. The way he understood things was that they have gotten themselves two weeks worth of meal, and little could have sounded better to the ever hungry Chkikin.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall sat at the table and joined those that were looking to serve with Astor.

"Sure, I can understand the part about no advanced pay. The provisions are adequate compensation instead."

"Do you have some idea where we need to start looking for these orcs we need to chase down?"
he asked Astor

"It is probably not a smart idea to simply head into their territory to wait for them to stumble upon us. Mayhap we should consider luring them into an ambush of sorts."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Kowl Clangadden

Kowl bristled at the suggestion that he shouldn't be trusted for asking after pay up front, though he let Donall speak his piece first.

"You've no reason to trust me, but asking after coin is hardly reason not to. And we've not a reason to trust you neither," he said, staring at the steaming plate of mutton before him. "I'll respect your dead grand-pappy by saying no more."

"Name's Kowl of Clan Clangadden, son of Urest the Smuggler, who's son of Vol the Silversmith. You'll have me on your work-party, if only for my lack of other choices."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases