D&D 5E Planescape Pregen PCs

Quickleaf

Legend
I've put together a bunch of Planescape-themed pre-gen PCs for my upcoming campaign and thought I'd share them. The homebrew races are by @Kamikaze Midget and I tweaked some of the backgrounds. The level 1 pre-gens include:

Bariaur Outlander Ranger
Genasi Sailor Paladin
Githzerai Hermit Wizard
Half-Elf Urchin Warlock (Archfey)
Human Sage Cleric (Knowledge)
Human Guild Merchant Rogue
Rogue Modron Knight Fighter
Tiefling Charlatan Bard

[sblock=Bariaur Outlander Ranger]
[h=4]Kekyáweth (male) / Kekyári (female) Stronghoof[/h]Race: Bariaur Class: Ranger 1 Background: Outlander Alignment: Chaotic Good
Age: 28 Size: Medium Senses: passive perception 11, passive investigation 10 Speed: 40 ft

Abilities: STR 15 (+2) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 10 (+0) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 10 (+0) Proficiency Bonus: +2

ROLEPLAYING
Personality Trait: I'm driven by wanderlust that led me away from Ysgard, my homeland. Also, I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk; money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond: My tribe - the Stronghooves - is the most important thing in life to me, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I am intensely competitive and never turn down a challenge or chance to prove my ability.

COMBAT
AC: 15 Hit Dice: 1d10+3 Hit Points: 13
Melee Attack - Glaive: Attack: +4, reach 10 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d10+2 slashing damage.
Ranged Attack - Longbow: Attack: +3, range 150 ft/600 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d8+1 piercing damage.
(male) Melee Attack - Horns: Attack: +4, reach 5 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage. If you move at least 10 ft before an attack and you score a critical hit, deal 3d6+2 damage instead (extra die for critical hit already calculated).

PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Celestial, Giant
Armor: Light, medium, shields
Weapon: Simple, martial
Tools: Instrument (horn)
Saves: Strength +4, Dexterity +3, (female Wisdom +3)
Skills: Animal Handling +3, Athetics +5, Nature +2, Perception +3, Survival +3, (female Insight +3), disadvantaged Stealth

CLASS FEATURES
Favored Enemy - Monstrosities: You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer - Mountains: Double your proficiency bonus (+8) for Intelligence and Wisdom checks related to your favored terrain. In addition, while traveling for an hour of more in your favored terrain, gain the following benefits:

• Difficult terrain doesn't slow your party.
  • Your party cannot become lost.
  • You remain alert to danger even when engaged in another activity (e.g. foraging, navigating, tracking).
  • Forage twice as much food as normal.
  • When tracking, learn the exact numbers, sizes, and how long ago creatures you're tracking passed thru the area.
  • When traveling alone, you can move stealthily at normal pace.

EQUIPMENT (132 / 225 lbs)
Scale mail, glaive, longbow, quiver with 20 arrows, explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet hempen rope), instrument (horn), flask of bariaur mead, hunting trap, animal trophy (fhorge tusk), traveler's clothes, metal tankard imbedded with impression of dwarven face from a brawl, belt pouch with 7 gp

BACKGROUND
Driven to wander the planes, you left your tribe in Ysgard, seeking your fortune on the Outlands. It has been several weeks since you left the gatetown of Glorium, and you've been getting by as a hunter and trapper. Recently you've arrived in the mountain trading town Ironridge and were paid for several animal skins. A fellow bariaur living in Ironridge named Melias Fairherd, a trader with the dwarves always on the lookout for able bodies, invited you to stay a while to view the Astral Streakers the following night. Always one for the company of kindred spirits and eager to see the wonders of the planes, you gathered with several townsfolk on a rocky ledge overlooking town and turned your gaze toward the night sky...
Feature - Wanderer: You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and can recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day provided the land offers small game, berries, water, etc.

SUGGESTED ADVANCEMENT
2nd level: Fighting Style (Defense), Spellcasting (hunter's mark, jump)
3rd level: Ranger Archetype (Hunter - Giant Killer), Spellcasting (animal friendship, hunter's mark, jump), Primeval Awareness
4th level: Feat (Polearm Master)[/sblock]

[SBLOCK=Genasi Sailor Paladin]
[h=4]Saltaba (male) / Sultara (female) al-Saghir[/h]Race: Genasi (fire) Class: Paladin 1 Background: Sailor Alignment: Neutral Good
Age: 26 Size: Medium Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, passive perception 9, passive investigation 12 Speed: 30 ft
Abilities: STR 15 (+2) DEX 13 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 14 (+2) WIS 9 (-1) CHA 14 (+2) Proficiency Bonus: +2

ROLEPLAYING
Personality Trait: I feel like I have to atone for the evils committed by my efreeti ancestors. Also, I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale to chase away the demons in my mind.
Ideal: Aspiration. Someday I'll own my own ship and chart my own destiny,
Bond: Efreeti slaughtered my crewmates, imprisoned Captain Soot, seized the Ebony Queen, and left me to die. Vengeance will be mine.
Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I won't back down no matter how dangerous the situation.
Oath of Vengeance Tenets: (1) Fight the greater evil. Faced with the choice of fighting my sworn foes - the efreeti and their allies - or a lesser evil, I choose the greater evil. (2) No Mercy for the Wicked. Ordinary foes might win my mercy, but my sworn enemies will not. (3) By any means necessary. My qualms can't get in the way of exterminating my foes. (4) Restitution. If my foes wreck ruin on the planes it is because I failed to stop them. I must help those harmed by their misdeeds.

COMBAT
AC: 16 Hit Dice: 1d10+3 Hit Points: 13
Melee Attack - Longsword: Attack: +4, reach 5 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d8+2 slashing damage (1d10+2 two-handed).
Ranged Attack - Fire Bolt: Attack: +4, range 120 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d10 fire damage.
Melee Attack - Dagger: Attack: +4, reach 5 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.Ranged Weapon - Dagger: Attack: +3, range 20/60 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d4+1 slashing damage.

PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Primordial
Armor: All armor, shields
Weapon: Simple, martial
Tools: Navigator's tools, vehicles (ships)
Saves: Wisdom +1, Charisma +4
Skills: Acrobatics +3, Athletics +4, Intimidation +4, Religion +4, disadvantaged Stealth

RACE FEATURES
Fire Resistance: You have resistance to fire damage.
Elemental Legacy: You know the fire bolt cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level you can cast affect normal fires once per day as a 1st level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast heat metal once per day as a 2nd level spell. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

CLASS FEATURES
Divine Sense: As an action you can open your awareness to detect celestials, fiends, and elementals within 60 feet not behind total cover until the end of your next turn. You know the type of creature (celestial, fiend, or elemental) but not its identity, you also detect the presence or any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell. You can use Divine Sense 1 + your Charisma modifier times (3) per long rest.

Lay of Hands: As an action you can heal wounds by touch. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest; within this pool you store hit points equal to your paladin level x 5 (5). Alternately, you can spend 5 hit points from the pool to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison afflicting them. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

EQUIPMENT (123 / 225 lbs)
Chain mail, longsword, dagger, holy symbol (amulet of Zaaman Rul), explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet hempen rope), navigator's tools, belaying pin (club), lucky whistle made of gold-colored woods, common clothes, belt pouch with 10 gp

BACKGROUND
Your family were slaves of an efreet pasha in the City of Brass, elevated slaves tasked with protecting an ancient efreeti library, but slaves nevertheless. You too would have been a slave if you were not smuggled from the city as a young child thanks to the intervention of Captain Soot of the Ebony Queen. Signing on to join the Ebony Queen's crew, you saw it as a chance to pay back your debt, to explore the horizons which so fascinated you, and you proved a gifted navigator. For many years you sailed the Inner Planes, the Ethereal, the Astral, and various planar waterways, eventually the efreeti caught up with the Ebony Queen, boarding it on trumped up smuggling charges searching for an artifact. In the ensuing chaos, fighting broke out, the crew were killed, Captain Soot was taken prisoner, the Ebony Queen embargoed, and you were left dead by the efreeti adrift on waves of flame. Drifting thru the Plane of Fire, perilously close to the Positive Energy Plane, you had a vision of a blinding eternal flame purifying your being. This was Zaaman Rul, the Good Archoelemental of Fire, calling you. You awoke in an elemental monastery at the boundary of the Planes of Air and Fire where you recovered for the better part of a year, swearing vengeance against the efreeti and all tyrants in the name of the holy flame Zaaman Rul, vowing to show that even though fire can destroy it can also be a guiding light of truth and justice. It was only at the end of your time at the monastery that you discovered that the head priest had been concealing navigation charts salvaged from the attack on the Ebony Queen, charts leading to a specific point in the Plane of Air. When you traveled there, you witnessed the sky tear itself open and found yourself falling thru the Rift...
Feature - Ship's Passage: You can secure free passage on a ship for yourself and your companions, whether an astral vessel, a spelljammer, an elemental galleon, or a traditional sailing ship. This involves calling in a favor from a ship you served on or another whose captain you have good relations with, so you and your companions will be expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

SUGGESTED ADVANCEMENT
2nd: Fighting Style (Dueling), Divine Smite, Spellcasting (Prepare a number of paladin spells equal to your Charisma modifier + paladin level (i.e. 4) during a long rest; these are the spells you can cast until you change your prepared spells during a long rest. You cast these spells using castings (you have two level 1 castings at 2nd level); when you expend a casting you can cast any prepared spell.
3rd: Divine Health, Sacred Oath(Oath of Vengeance)
4th: Feat (Tavern Brawler)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Githzerai Hermit Wizard]
[h=4]Vil'dar (male) / Vil'dara (female)[/h]Race: Githzerai Class: Wizard 1 Background: Hermit Alignment: LG
Age: 33 Size: Medium Senses: passive perception 10, passive investigation 15 Speed: 30 ft

Abilities: STR 9 (-1) DEX 14 (+2) CON 10 (+0) INT 16 (+3) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 10 (+0) Proficiency Bonus: +2

ROLEPLAYING
Personality Trait: I often get lost in my contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings. Also, I am working on grand philosophical theory and love sharing my ideas.
Ideal: Greater good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit.
Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I am overly serious and restrained, constantly warring between my good nature and the githzerai teachings of asceticism and self-knowledge.

COMBAT
AC: 12 Hit Dice: 1d6 Hit Points: 6
Melee Attack - Dagger: Attack: +4, reach 5 ft (range 20/60), one creature; Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.
Ranged Attack - Fire Bolt: Attack: +5, range 120 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d10 fire damage.
Spell Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5

PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Gith, Deep Speech
Weapon: Dagger, dart, sling, quarterstaff, light crossbow
Tools: Herbalism kit
Saves: Dexterity +3, Intelligence +5, Wisdom +5
Skills: Arcana +5, Investigation +5, Medicine +5, Religion +5

RACE FEATURES
Githzerai Mind: You have advantage on saves against being charmed, frightened, or stunned. Also, you have proficiency in Wisdom saves (already calculated); if you receive proficiency in Wisdom saving throws from your class, you may choose another saving throw.
Telekinetics: You know the mage hand cantrip (see Spells). At 3rd level you can cast mage armor once per day as a 2nd level spell. At 5th level you can cast detect thoughts once per day. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

CLASS FEATURES
Arcane Recovery: Once per day after a short rest you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level equal to or less than half your wizard level, rounded up (1).

SPELLS
Cantrips: blade ward, fire bolt, light
Level 1 (castings 3): detect magic, identify, magic missile, protection from evil and good, shield, unseen servant

EQUIPMENT (38 / 135 lbs)
Dagger, component pouch, arcane focus (staff), spellbook, scholar's pack (backpack, book of lore, ink (1 oz. bottle), ink pen, 10 sheets parchment, little bag of sand, small knife), empty vial, scroll case stuffed full of notes, winter blanket, common clothes, herbalism kit, iron holy symbol devoted to Zaerith Menyar Ag-Gith the Great Githzerai Wizard King

BACKGROUND
Born in the Floating City of Limbo, the holy heart of githzerai culture, you were trained in the arts of wizardry in the academy overseen by the Wizard King Zaerith Menyar Ag-Gith and given your name meaning "eye of the planes." You were taught that the githzerai must remain self-reliant, however your dreams were filled with visions of other lands and strange people. When you had a frightening vision warning of imminent disaster, you petitioned your reved Wizard King to let you go forth as his emissary to prevent what you had seen or at least offer what help you could. The Wizard King would not stop you, but warned you that if you left the Floating City you would never be allowed to return, living your life in exile. With a heavy heart, you left behind your old life, traversing the Outlands until you reached Ironridge, realizing it was in your vision. You soon met a fellow githzerai named Kars'ten who had a ruling stake in the mountain town, and he invited you to view a meteor shower on a rise outside town and discuss your concerns. As you watch the first meteor fall, your heart fills with dread...
Feature - Discovery: During your meditation you had a vision of the sky being torn asunder and the Astral Plane bleeding into the Outer Planes, growing perpetually, and with it a rising tide of githyanki conquest. Even among that terrible silvery sea of Astral energies, you foresaw strange allies, guardians of the conduits which traverse the Astral, and know they will help you turn back the Astral threat.

SUGGESTED ADVANCEMENT
2nd: Arcane Tradition (Abjuration), Spells (add chromatic orb & tenser's floating disk)
3rd: Spells (add detect thoughts & blur)
4th: Feat (War Caster), Cantrips (learn message), Spells (add arcane lock & see invisibility)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Half-Elf Charlatan Warlock (Archfey)]
[h=4]Caeric (male) / Caeryn (female)[/h]Race: Half-elf Class: Warlock 1 Background: Urchin Alignment: CN
Age: 24 Size: Medium Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, passive perception 11, passive investigation 12 Speed: 30 ft
Abilities: STR 8 (-1) DEX 15 (+2) CON 10 (+0) INT 14 (+2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 17 (+3) Proficiency Bonus: +2

ROLEPLAYING
Personality Trait: I am a master at equivocating, prevaricating, and otherwise being evasive. Also, I sleep with my back to a wall or a tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
Ideal: Change. The low are lifted up and the mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the dwarven caravan master Sedus who took pity on me.
Flaw: It is next to impossible to get me to commit to a position or responsibility.

COMBAT
AC: 13 Hit Dice: 1d8 Hit Points: 8
Melee Attack - Dagger: Attack: +4, reach 5 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.
Ranged Attack - Eldritch Blast: Attack: +5, range 120 ft, one creature; Hit: 1d10 force damage.
Spell Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5

PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan
Armor: Light
Weapon: Simple
Tools: Instrument (flute), thieves' tools
Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +5
Skills: Arcana +4, Deception +5, Insight +3, Persuasion +5, Sleight of Hand +4, Stealth +4

RACE FEATURES
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saves against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

CLASS FEATURES
Otherworldly Patron (The Archfey - Fey Presence): As an action, cause each creature within 10 feet of you to make a Wisdom save or become either frightened or charmed by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you must take a short or long rest before using it again.
Pact Magic: You have one 1st level spell slot. You regain all expended spell slots after a short or long rest.

SPELLS (1 x 1st level slot)
Cantrips: eldritch blast, minor illusion
Level 1: charm person, faerie fire, sleep, witch bolt

EQUIPMENT (74 / 120 lbs)
Leather armor, 2 daggers, arcane focus (wand), thieves' tools, dungeoneer's pack (backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50 ft hempen rope), map of Sigil, token to remember your parents by, common clothes, an eggshell painted with scenes of human misery in disturbing detail

BACKGROUND
You were raised on the cold streets of Sigil, your human mother only the vaguest of memories and your presumably elven father completely unknown. With natural charm you worked as a half-honest tout (a guide) for travelers in the City of Doors, occasionally picking their pockets or steering them to a tavern where you'd get paid a commission. One day you found a dark crystal dropped by a gang called the Plunderers after their recent exploits. A voice within the crystal whispered to you, told you that you could rise to be so much more. You resisted that voice for years, until one day when you and your friend, the tiefling girl Atanishan, were cornered and beaten by cruel guards, you called on the power of that dark voice, interceding to spare her... at least that's the reason you told yourself at the time. Your deal was struck with the Queen of Air and Darkness and you charmed the guards to turn on each other. With your newfound power, you became increasingly dishonest and were headed for the deadbook. That's when you were made to pay a price for your power, or at least that's how fate made it seem; a disgruntled client secretly placed a portal key to Curst, gatetown to Carceri, on you and shoved you thru a one-way portal. Curst was horrible and you don't speak about your time there, only that a dwarven caravan master named Sedus interceded and rescued you, bringing you back to his town of Ironridge where you could start a new life for yourself. You join other townsfolk watching a meteor shower on a ridge above town, pondering your fate...
Feature - City Secrets: You can find passages in cities that others would miss. When not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between two locations in a city twice as fast as normal.

SUGGESTED ADVANCEMENT
2nd: Eldritch Invocations (Gaze of Two Minds, Misty Visions), Pact Magic (increase to two 1st level slots), Spells (add hex)
3rd: Pact Boon (Pact of the Tome), Pact Magic (increase to two 2nd level slots), Spells (add misty step)
4th: Feat (Actor), Spells (add darkness)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases