D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

synthapse

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

This book is exactly what I'd hoped for: a DM's toolkit that still inspires a veteran gamemaster.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
4 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

One of the most beautiful books in the D&D line and it is a must have but found it missing some things I would have liked to see more of; such as more on Background creation, spell point system, then some parts seem vague or light with information.

io9

First Post

If this seems like a glowing review, well...yeah. I like the other two core 5E books, and my gaming group is collectively pretty excited about the edition too. But I love this book. There's just so much here, so many tools to use, levers to pull, switches to flip. At the same time it manages to accomplish something D&D desperately needs — it teaches you how to be a DM.

Psyga315

Explorer

I enjoyed this book. It gave me the advice I always wanted (although it rehashes some of the advice from 4th Ed's DM Guide, nothing really big), but it also gave me things to work with, like poisons, chasing, making my own monsters... It's by far my favorite book of the three released.

Geordon

First Post

An amazing tome for both the experienced, and the newb DM.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer

Excellent balance between DM advice (fluff), DM options (crunch) and inspirational tables that get the creative juices flowing (gravy). Perfect ratio between nostalgia and utilitarian.

MadAxe

First Post

From the art to the advice to the variat rules, this book has inspired me in a way no DMG has yet. The random tables in the book are actually useful and can serve both lazy dungeon masters as well as those who like to really prepare. This book is my favorite of the three in a lot of ways and I can see myself keeping it open at the table every session.

bjmorga

First Post

I'm very impressed by this Dungeon Master's Guide. I started with 4e, but quickly went back and got the core books from the older editions. Comparatively speaking, this one takes the cake. There's lots of great tips, helpful charts, and cool information on just about every page of this manual. It's a great guide for dungeon master's who are new to the game or veterans of the brand. Everything about it clicks.

Agamon

Adventurer

Excellent art, great advice and interesting possibilities for a campaign.

Remove ads